WW 1 U.S. Army Brigades / Patches

I am looking to start collecting patches for ww1. I have found what other units were active, but I can't seem to find the BDE's. (Calvary, Field ARTTY, (and others?). Is there a certain list I can find on the internet- or book to pick up. Thanks

First...a cautionary warning....there are lots of fake WW1 patches around...so be careful out there.

Second...perhaps look for a WW1 order of battle to get comfortable with the units, or pick up the booklet "Shoulder Sleeve Insignia of the A.E.F.", or a similar title.

Third...refer to the warning above!

Marchville1918

I think that you will find that there were not many brigades that had their own shoulder insignia. Most brigades (2 regiments of Inf plus 1 machine gun battalion) were part of a division and wore the division insignia. The exception to that would be those divisions that had variations of their basic division insignia with different color combinations for each subunit. 89th Div would be an example... they all had the basic W insignia but one Inf brig had a dark blue center and the other had a light blue center. Usually the variations were more for the regiments rather than the brigade. There may be examples of the brigade headquarters having their own insignia...but not all the soldiers of the brigade its self.