First Manned Apollo Flight

cagedfalcon

cagedfalcon

This is one of many peices that I have aquired.

It has original metal binding & appears to be complete. Has been in climate controlled storage so no musty smell.

Belonged to William (Bill) E. Platt, asst flight director for Apollo 11 among other things. I have many items to back up provenance. I'm sure you can Google him or even know who he is. Can post more pics if interested.

Regards Paul Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Me too! Would really enjoy seeing more of that book and your collection. I've been getting into collecting early space items lately. Recently there was a great estate auction from a computer engineer who was pretty significantly involved in the Apollo programs that had some items of Mattingly's, a bunch of flown checklists for Apollo 13 etc that went for huge money, and some different Apollo patches. I managed to buy one of the two patches that might of been flown it's from Apollo 8. Was about the only item I could afford lol. Glad to see another space collector on the forum!

Those are some amazing items. Thanks for showing them. I've been a space buff for as long as I can remember. There is quite a bit of crossover between space programs and militaria.

In case anyone is interested, there is a big annual space convention coming up in a couple of weeks. Here is a link...

https://www.spacefest.info/

Mikie

cagedfalcon

I just came upon these unexpectedly. Not really sure what to do, but for now I will be keeping most. Good luck trying to replace these.

Wish I was able to go to the convention but not in the cards. Looks very interesting.

Paul

cagedfalcon

Man, it took some serious guts to climb into one of those Mercury things and blast off on it.  

Mikie

Absolutely.