• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 5thwingmarty

5thwingmarty
  • Members
    • Member ID: 96,854
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 05:38 PM

I picked up some items from a WWI pilot a while back.  It included an album with a bunch of photos from his service during and following WWI, a Jessop pilot wing, unmarked French Brevet, miniature Meyer wing, a bunch of ribbon sets, a VFW medal, an American Legion medal, some collar and rank insignia and some miscellaneous other items.  He ended his initial service as a Captain then returned to service during WWII as a Major.  His WWI dog tags were not included but his WWII ones were.  There were a bunch of ribbon sets in the group, with WWI victory ribbons range from having no stars to four stars, but there were no WWII victory ribbons.  The photo was taken when I was trying to arrange all the bits I wanted to display.  After I got them mounted I managed to get the tags to hang where they cover a scuff in the photo.  This was the biggest photo in the group with him in it.

Attached Images

• Display r72.JPG

#2 Nack

Nack
  • Members
    • Member ID: 333
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 06:20 PM

Very nice!

#3 pfrost

pfrost
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,519
  • 4,197 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 09:37 AM

Great. Can we see a closeup of the photo? Is he wearing the same wing?

#4 5thwingmarty

5thwingmarty
  • Members
    • Member ID: 96,854
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:27 PM

Sorry I missed your request for a more detailed copy of the photo.  He does not appear to be wearing the Jessop wing in any of the photos taken during his military service.  There is one photo of him wearing the Jessop wing on his vets group cap.

The second photo might show his WWI wing a bit better.  I can't tell what style it is but it is definitely not the Jessop.

Attached Images

• 087 cropped.JPG
  • 016-01 cropped-2.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users