need help/advice on Denmarks balloon/aeronaut wing

Costa

ok, I saw the threads on Denmarks but, still not a lot of info. were they about in the 20's and 30's and no longer after??? were they silver washed over brass?? here is an example sold on ebay which has the look of being a die cast badge but, still don't know much about them. real-- fake?? don't see these around much. I compared this one to Bobs site and it does pretty much match up.

post-73-0-91772500-1564421458.jpg

post-73-0-78486300-1564421707.jpg

The Rooster

Hi Mitch, I wouldn't attempt to begin to give you advice on any wing let alone these.

In my little over a year collecting wings, I never ever even heard of these...

So…. I learn something all the time thanks to folks like you.

But, the one thing I do notice, is that they resemble the pre war amcraft Pilot

wing in the style of feathering….. Its got nice sharp edges on the back.. Not smoothed down...

Really nice wing !

I can recall seeing a large board of all type of "vintage style" wings in their NYC Factory Warehouse in the early 70's. They were recently manufactured by them and available in quantity. At that time, even though Mr Denmark was still running the place, they went by "Topper Merchandising". I bought a pinback airborne glider badge (glider superimposed over airborne wings) for a few dollars on that 1972 ( or so )visit. I believe this balloon pilot wing is from the 60's/70's.

They produced restrikes of many different style wings. I'm guessing they hallmarked some of their unofficially produced insignia with "Denmarks" while hallmarking their gov't contract insignia "D22".

My glider para badge I bought from them is not hallmarked.