Early 1875 Enlisted EGA Original? Thoughts please.

Fly USMC

The dome of the globe seems to have been smashed flat a little bit and the Beak has some extra material from the stamping process that wasn't quite removed

post-5056-0-69208800-1563767382.jpg

post-5056-0-37526000-1563767406.jpg

post-5056-0-34053200-1563767430.jpg

This is a comparison of mine next to the example B075 in Briuer's book. note the similarities in the Feathers, and slight differences in the North and South America Land Mass.

post-5056-0-59984200-1563767647.jpg

Here are two more comparison photos with two examples of fakes from Briuer's book B076 & B077. Not the differences in feathers and the enlarged beaks

post-5056-0-10435300-1563767803.jpg

post-5056-0-12870400-1563767822.jpg

Anyone have some thoughts on this Bird? to me it does not appear to be any of the known reproductions (at least the ones in Bruier's book UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS EMBLEMS 1804-World War I).

teufelhunde.ret

Anyone have some thoughts on this Bird? to me it does not appear to be any of the known reproductions (at least the ones in Bruier's book UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS EMBLEMS 1804-World War I).

No doubt, the genuine article exhibiting good honest wear. Is it a thin or thick example?

Finally, one I like that isn't Bannerman's junk. Been looking for one for over a decade, my hat's off to you

Gentlemen, Thanks for the feedback. I recently bought a collection from a few photos that were emailed to me. There were definitely some repros in there and I thought this was going to be as well. When I calculated the price in my head of what I would pay I didn't even figure this piece in the mix when I got it in hand, I was pleasantly surprised, but wanted confirmation. I guess it is quite a bonus.

Semper Fi,

John

I've bought a couple of old collections like that...guys who collected for decades, disconnected fr the internet, and have a medley of real, repro, and Bannerman's. Sometimes there's a few hidden gems mixed in. Congrats.

I've only bought two USMC pieces all year, not finding anything that sings to me. Might have focused a bit too narrow