WW2 USMC medal ribbons

USMCR1942

Hi,

I have a few named ww2 Marine uniforms that only have one or two medal ribbons on them, I would like to put them back to their original condition with the correct wartime ribbons.

I have the files from the archives so I have an idea what ribbons each uniform should have.

I was wondering the best place to get the ribbons (guessing ebay) and if they differed from standard army ribbons.

Sam.

To be honest, going to a good sized militaria show is one of the best ways to get ribbons for decent prices. Also, if you have a local flea market on weekends, go and look around. Most times I find random ribbons for the cheap at those. On Ebay, unless they're rare, sellers usually won't hassle with listing the ribbons unless they're at a premium price.

You could try putting together a master list of what you need and posting it in the "wanted" section on here...perhaps someone who has a big spares box will make you a deal buying multiple ribbons.

You need to submit a FOIA request to NARA, they will send a list of campaigns and awards. This is different than pulling the records.

Not uncommon for Marines of the era to only have a couple ribbons, either