Help Dating a SEAL Jungle Jacket

Red Devil

Hi everyone,

I picked this one up recently and would like a little help narrowing down the time frame of use. 1969 dated jungle jacket with Navy tapes and merrowed-edge trident--would this have been worn sometime iin the 1970s or even later? Insignia appears all to have been sewn on at the same time and looks to have been worn a while.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

post-9214-0-85147300-1562584880.jpg

post-9214-0-69471600-1562584887_thumb.jpg

post-9214-0-44569700-1562584894_thumb.jpg

May try running the name.Maybe member Kadet can help with a training class roster.I recall the UDT/SEAL museum has graduation class information.

Looks 80s to me.

The jungle jackets were worn for years after vietnam by various commands and quite common in SF and other units.

Looks 80s to me.

The jungle jackets were worn for years after vietnam by various commands and quite common in SF and other units.

I was thinking the same thing, Ron.

digi-shots

His name does not show up in an early 90’s roster that I have that includes many of the older guys.

The patches I have show an od green border not black, but this just could be a different manufacture.

River Patrol

Ron's assessment is excellent and I would agree. The tapes have that late 70s to 80s composition of materials.

Nice Navy JJ!!!

Heres an earlier one - 1976, East Coast (left) and one sewn on a 1986 utility (right):

Thank you for checking. And great examples there!