3 replies to this topic

#1 avigo

avigo
  • Members
    • Member ID: 133,796
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:32 AM

Hi guys.

Just curious what the functionality of the different aviator glasses types are. Mainly Randolph aviator glasses.

There are "bayonet" style arms that go straight back. Is there a specific military purpose for this or is it just looks?
How does this compare to other arm styles?

Thanks

#2 phantomfixer

phantomfixer
  • Members
    • Member ID: 155,518
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:37 AM

Pretty sure the straight arm design is for removing and installing the sunglasses while in flight with helmet or head phones on

#3 quack

quack
  • Members
    • Member ID: 105,070
  • 350 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 05:50 PM

I was taught in flight surgeon school that this style earpiece disrupted the hearing protection of the helmet less than other styles-- it really fits under the ear cups better than other styles.

#4 Bodes

Bodes
  • Members
    • Member ID: 158,180
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 04 August 2019 - 05:19 AM

Hi guys.
Just curious what the functionality of the different aviator glasses types are. Mainly Randolph aviator glasses.
There are "bayonet" style arms that go straight back. Is there a specific military purpose for this or is it just looks?
How does this compare to other arm styles?

Thanks

The Randolph Engineering military sunglasses, are without a doubt the most comfortable I've ever tried.....I found a pair at a second hand store, and other than tweaking one of the bows, they are very nicely made....Bodes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users