Frazer M7 bayonet

Kansas Raider

Kansas Raider

All 3 scabbards are marked USM8A1 with PWH underneath. One scabbard has 114 marked on the back, on the throat and

scabbard body.

You hit the "mother load"! WOW! Who would have thought that an M7 would be so hard to find. I've been looking for 20 years, haven't even seen one at a show. I'll ask if no one else does. How much did you pay? Curious as to what is being asked outside of ebay. Please send me a PM, if you can't discuss it. Thanks Kansas Raider! SKIP

Kansas Raider

Hey everybody, I have had several people ask what I gave for the Frazer's. I gave $200 each. I tried to get him down,

but he would not. This is the first time I have ever seen one. Steve

That does seem to be the going price. They are like hen's teeth. I don't remember hearing of anyone being able to buy multiples at one time before. I've seen them go for more in open auctions where there are multiple bidders who have also been looking for a long time to add one the their collection. IMHO, you did the right thing getting them while you could.

My very first M7 bayonet I bought was a Frazier at the Fort Worth gun show about 8 years ago. Did not know a lot about them but I did know that FZR was a hard one to find.

Yeah, I can see it now, thousands of FZR M7s flooding the market for $50 each. Just like the Imperial/Colt M7s..... Uh oh, that's how rumors get started. ;)

Marv

Sadly, it could easily be done. A lot of aftermarket M7s are only stamped w/ the M7 mark. I can see some enterprising individual, with a good engraving/ or stamp set producing "FZRs". Like Marv stated, lots of Imperial/Colt M7s showed up. I can remember seeing a few Camillus repro M3s, which only had one pommel pin, being drilled w/ a second pin added. Easily recognizable, but still done. Also, how many questionable M4s have we discussed? Potential is out there. Stay on your game! SKIP

How many aftermarket M7's are manufactured to the U.S. Government specifications? In the past it seems that the means of attaching the guard to the tang has remained problematic. IMHO, those welds under the grips have been the collectors friend.

We do have to stay ever vigilant, technology is always changing, and someone seems to always be waiting in the wings to take advantage of it.

BTW, I don't mean in anyway to say I have any reason to question the examples in the OP.

The spot welds crossed my mind. The only way I can think of to check aftermarket from legit real. But to be quite honest I'd have grabbed them up w/o looking. Just too rare to pass by. I believe they're legit. The back cut is 90*, believe that's correct on a 1971 contract. Kansas Raider did great! Glad he showed us. SKIP

Hello, I received such an M7 from FZR years ago in the German market. I do not remember the price.

post-191677-0-13550100-1562916448.jpg

post-191677-0-15984100-1562916463.jpg

post-191677-0-86465100-1562916469.jpg

post-191677-0-06767000-1562916477.jpg

post-191677-0-47443600-1562916496.jpg