KIA USNR Purple Heart opinions

HelmetguyCT

HelmetguyCT

Hi guys, have an opportunity for this PH named to Norman E. Wood. Can you please tell me if it looks good. To me it looks wartime engraved and I think is a wrapped brooch? Thanks

post-177166-0-96019800-1561429912.jpeg

post-177166-0-40937300-1561429921.jpeg

post-177166-0-31624300-1561429929.jpeg

HelmetguyCT

It's right as rain and a real beauty.

Awesome thank you. Also come with other medals and some paperwork to the wife

HelmetguyCT

Be cautious...this same medal has been sold to another person

Really? The seller says this was found by his brother in a storage unit. Is this person who it was sold to a forum member? If so it be great to know if they have it still in their possession so I dont get screwed

aerialbridge

Awesome thank you. Also come with other medals and some paperwork to the wife

Hope it works out for you, be sure you have recourse protection unless you have the medal in hand when you transfer the funds. If there's anything suspicious, possession will be 9/10 of the law since there is no deed or pink slip with it.

HelmetguyCT

Hope it works out for you, be sure you have recourse protection unless you have the medal in hand when you transfer the funds.

Im a little hesitant now as I have found out that the same medal has been sold to another person. This person selling says they found it in storage. So I dont want a duplicate

The medal was sold and paid in full.

The seller never responded after that.

Now it is being offered to other folks.

Care should be used as we know the seller has sold the medal and now trying to sell again ?

HelmetguyCT

It was sold to the first buyer on June 20...it was never delivered...

I appreciate the information. Was it sold through the forum? I found this on an app and the seller has sent me an album of photos of the grouping. This makes me weary to know that someone never received their medal and I dont want to lose funds as well

Let me also say...I'm not the buyer or the seller...I was involved when a friend asked me to verify the medal.

HelmetguyCT

Let me also say...I'm not the buyer or the seller...I was involved when a friend asked me to verify the medal.

Thats exactly where I found it. Thank you for everything. Best to stay clear of this even though its a nice piece

• 2 months later...
easterneagle87

Back in August I got sucked into this as well. I didn't even think to check the forums here, but it was listed on Letgo. I paid, but it never arrived. Got my $ back through paypal. Would have been a nice piece, so who ever finally goti .. Congrats.

• 3 weeks later...
easterneagle87

So this yay-hoo posts a "decrease" on this medal. I posted back to him, I offered and paid and you failed to follow through. I had to file w/paypal to get my $ back. So he does this. Blocks me, what a yutz.

I still have his text number, maybe I'll send a little love his way.

post-9131-0-31525100-1570604549.jpg