Anyone here get this marked Saint Clair liner off ebay?

GeneralCheese

GeneralCheese

I just saw that the seller I bought a helmet from 2 days ago sold the matching liner a few hours later (despite me even asking if they had other military items). I'm hoping someone here got it so we can reunite this set.

The liner:

post-30085-0-01469700-1561148790.jpg

The shell:

post-30085-0-30187300-1561148796.jpg

Captainofthe7th

It was a good deal for a St Clair and I thought it was too good to be true as the liner hardware is super fresh! It was a real one?? I really thought it was re-webbed. I hope you can reunite, it's a great set.

Rob

GeneralCheese

It was a good deal for a St Clair and I thought it was too good to be true as the liner hardware is super fresh! It was a real one?? I really thought it was re-webbed. I hope you can reunite, it's a great set.

Rob

The shell is marked 8th Air Force so it being unused isn't surprising. It's definitely real.

Captainofthe7th

Worst part is I almost bought it.....but didn't want to take away from what I'm saving for the helmet you have available! What are the chances....

Rob

GeneralCheese

Worst part is I almost bought it.....but didn't want to take away from what I'm saving for the helmet you have available! What are the chances....

Rob

Funny how that happens! It's alright though, I'm sure whoever did end up with it wants it back together as much as we do.

GeneralCheese

Wow, I cannot believe the response of the buyer of the liner. They said they think the name inside the helmet hurts the value... The same identification is inside the liner too. What?????

Captainofthe7th

I'm confused....by that perspective, does the name in the liner hurt the value? Would they still think that if you doubled their money?

Rob

GeneralCheese

I dont know, all I know is that it isn't looking likely these will be reunited. He's offering me less than a plain fixed-bail price for the shell, even though I told him they are both worth more together than apart.

The lot number might confirm if the liner is real. If they match up with dates and the date of the Saint Claire liner. When you get it if you could let me know that would be great! As for the sellers brain power on how that would affect the value I’m left wondering .

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

My guess is this name hurts the value because it is named to an AAF soldier instead of Audie Murphy or blank so they can fantasize

GeneralCheese

The lot number might confirm if the liner is real. If they match up with dates and the date of the Saint Claire liner. When you get it if you could let me know that would be great! As for the sellers brain power on how that would affect the value I’m left wondering .

277C, it's right in the correct range.

GeneralCheese

I have some good news, we came to an agreement and I will be sending the helmet to the owner of the liner.

manayunkman

How interesting collecting can be with all its twists and turns.

Could it be his car broke down and was short on cash?

Or kids are going to camp and all of a sudden the helmet becomes a tool to help?

Maybe that warrant caught up with him? Pure conjecture on my part as I have no idea who they are.

It could be anything.

GeneralCheese

I won't lie and say I wasn't going to sell the helmet myself if I got it reunited, but the hassle he gave me over a difference of $70 only to ask $1200 is a bit insulting now.