Help Identifying Three Knives/Bayonets

Mullen Coins

Mullen Coins

Here are images or three items that I am looking for more informed opinions about.

The first is what I am guessing is a reproduction given the condition but a very nice piece - Has the words "Texas Rangers 1840" engraved on blade. The second is an Army 1906 Sword with stamps or "US 131904" and "SA 1906". The third is a bayonet with "C" and crown symbol on blade and "I9N 204" on the cross piece.... Between numbers is the symbol o over two lines. Any help appreciated.

texas1.jpg

texas2.jpg

texas3.jpg

texas4.jpg

texas5.jpg

texas6.jpg

Not sure about the first, but I have a repro wall hanger that is very close, Supposedly these mirror what the original Bowie looked like. The second is like M1 Garandy stated, it's an M1905 Springfield Armory dated 1906 (first yr production), the scabbard made at Rock Island Arsenal in 1907, is the second model with the long metal throat. The last bayonet is not US, it's Swedish or some other country. SKIP

zzyzzogeton

The 3rd bayonet looks like a Swedish M1914, used on the M1894/14 6.5mm Mauser. These were made by Eskiltuna Jernmanufatur AB (Eskiltuna Iron Manufacturing Co.). If it has a maker's mark on the spine ("E" superimposed on an anchor, both under a crown), is is from "early production". Later production runs had "EJAB" on the ricasso.

There is no definitive time as to when the marks shifted from spine to ricasso. The single crown on the ricasso or the crown over the E/Anchor is a government acceptance mark. These were also made by Carl Gustaf Stads, same as who made the rifles. No idea on how many bayonets CGS made.

The M1894 started out w/o a bayonet lug. Those were added in 1914, hence the designation M1894/14.

The 3rd Bayonet is indeed a Swedish one. Also used on the now famous Swedish K (kpist m45).

Best

Martin

• 1 month later...

Sorry Taborka- The middle one is an M1905 Springfield Armory Bayonet w/ 16" blade, dtd 1906. The Krag bayonets were dated from 1892- 1903, had a shorter 11.5" blade, and were not serial numbered, and used a different locking system to the rifle. Initially the M1905 scabbards used the Krag belt attachment, but the M1905 scabbards were wooden, wrapped in rawhide, and placed in the leather cover.. Krag scabbards were all metal, and shorter. SKIP