• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Longhorn92

Longhorn92
  • Members
    • Member ID: 15,696
  • 947 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:18 AM

New Aussie flick slated for release soon, I believe. Hopefully we can see it here in the states.

Now, I know it was an Aussie/NZ battle but the US lent air and arty support--which looks like it may be depicted in the movie--so I hope the mods let this topic stay.

Looks interesting.

#2 m1ashooter

m1ashooter
  • Members
    • Member ID: 4,672
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:31 AM

I hope its released in the states.  Its a good way to honor our allies who also lost their sons in that war.

#3 derrbrad

derrbrad
  • Members
    • Member ID: 158,932
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:44 AM

Looks good.

#4 63 RECON

63 RECON
  • Members
    • Member ID: 117,117
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 02:02 AM

Yes, It will have a limited release in the US, I'm not sure where exactly but they will announce it on their Instagram if you follow them. Or ill post updates here if need be. 

Through my work we advised on the uniforms, made a few crew items, hats, t shirts etc plus we invested into the film, so I was fortunate enough to see it a few months back. We are also doing a bunch of items for the release in August in Australia.  

Its very good, with some very poignant, tense and action filled scenes mixed with some classic Aussie humor, It will hold its own against the big budget Hollywood flicks. It brought the Vietnam veterans that were there to tears which was definitely something that sends shivers up your spine.  

If you want to brush up on the battle of Long Tan, there is a good book by David Cameron or one by Lt Col Harry Smith (Ret) who was OC D Coy in the battle of Long Tan

#5 gwb123

gwb123

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 1,506
  • 17,213 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 09:17 AM

Please feel free to add this to our sister Forum... worldmilitariaforum.com

If you have not yet joined, it is run by the same friendly folks who run this one.  We are always looking for new content.

#6 644td

644td
  • Members
    • Member ID: 158,590
  • 709 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 10:45 AM

One I would like to see.

Marty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users