33rd Div DUI?

27Division18

27Division18

I assume this is a DI for a unit of the 33rd Division, as it has a yellow cross in it. Anyone know which unit it might be? thanks

post-151543-0-30151800-1561032897.jpg

Don't have a reference in front of me, but the background colors look orange and white, which are signal corps colors. Possibly the Division signal Co.

That's the colors behind Old Abe, agreed,Orange and White, the Primary and Secondary colors of the Signal Corps think if it was Cavalry related, it would be solid, a solid Yellow, and besides, divisions didn't have a Reconnaissance Troop till around early 1942.

The Yellow Cross is a constant with these 33rd Div DIs, here's the divisional Ordnance one, Yellow Cross but with the Red and Yellow branch colors of the Ordnance Corps behind Old Abe, just like the one posted by member.

post-34986-0-30383900-1561042782.jpg

The Rooster

Just an aside.... when I was in the 33rd infantry brigade.... people were always confusing us with medics

with the subdued 33rd patch.

The yellow cross came about in ww1 ? correct ?

Just an aside.... when I was in the 33rd infantry brigade.... people were always confusing us with medics

with the subdued 33rd patch.

The yellow cross came about in ww1 ? correct ?

Yes WWI.

The Division Commander Maj Gen Wolf 1919.

7b76c3089f96b84267274941beec127e.jpg

FrankHummel

post-27062-0-71395400-1561538086_thumb.jpg

I have these crests as the 33rd Sig Co in two versions:

- white / yellow

- yellow / yellow. However, it does not really make sense to divide a disc, when both parts are yellow. So I assume it is a mistake or collectors version.

The crest with the completely yellow disc is listed as 33rd Recon Co in my collection.

post-34986-0-28905900-1561562932_thumb.jpg

This is interesting, though the title will correctly be 33rd Reconnaissance Troop (Mecz), this unit wasn't formed till January or so of 1942, means they still would of adopted a unit crest for this unit at this late date in the approved fashion of the 33rd Divisional HQ units and Special Troops. I was thinking with the idea that maybe it might of been for the pre war 33rd Tank Company of the division (All pre war divisions, Regular or National Guard, Reserve had a Tank Company assigned to it), but think the colors would be Green and White right!.