Camouflaged Japanese aircraft in the Philippines

Vincennes

A while back I purchased a collection of WW2 aerial photos. In the collection were 22 photos 5"x6.5" in size taken by the 312th. Bomb Group over the Philippines. 16 are identified by the text at the bottom of the photo for location and Bomb Group, etc. But that text has been trimmed off 6 of the photos. Since they are the same size as the others I assume they were also taken by the 312th Bomb Group in the Philippines. Here I will show the original photos at 150 dpi and an enlargement of a camouflaged aircraft from that photo at 600 dpi (4X enlargement). The enlargements are not of the best quality but hopefully they will help.

On the first photo and enlargement you can see an aircraft enclosed by embankments on 3 sides. Very faintly on the original photo you can read "OSCAR ?"

Paul

post-2319-0-69384800-1560990915_thumb.jpg

The second photo shows an aircraft which is either camoflaged or crashed. I cannot tell which.

Paul

post-2319-0-93485500-1560991084_thumb.jpg

RustyCanteen

Great photos! Pacific (and especially Philippine campaign) photos are tough to find, and yet help immensely to tell the story of how things were.