Assistance Please - Mock 30Rd M16 Magazines

ON PATROL

To All,

I run a group that portrays American Veterans throughout the history of this country in parades. We work to be as authentic as possible on our visible appearances, but those items that don't show need not be authentic. So, in that light, I'm trying to locate a source of mock 30 round M16 magazines, simply to fill mag pouches. plastic, wood, it doesn't really matter. What does matter is cost; I need to do this as cheaply as possible so that I can spent our extremely limited funding on the important stuff.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The ON PATROL Project

The Rooster

Wood etc.... or if its just a matter of filling the pouches... Use old rags... socks T shirts etc..

Old bean bags sand bags etc etc.

As for the 2x4's, I did that for the 'Nam era 20 round mags, Easy day. But the 30's have a bend to them so its a bit more woodwork to make them fit right and be easily removable when I need to swap things around. And sometimes its somebody else's mag pouches. That's why the socks don't work either; nobody wants to stuff my old socks into their mag pouches.But, I do appreciate the thoughts guys. Thank you. The stupid thing is that fake mags are more expensive that the real things, even more than the really good mags!