• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 WWII Legacy Girl

WWII Legacy Girl
  • Members
    • Member ID: 162,312
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 08:04 PM

I realize this is slightly different than a "veteran recollection" but wasn't sure what other category to put it under so please understand :)

Marine Raider Cpl Dick Vana was a dear friend I interviewed in 2015 and have uploaded some of his story here -   

He completed the Marine Raider training at Camp Pendleton and served in 3rd Platoon, Bravo Company, 1st Marine Raider Battalion, 4th Regiment in Guam and Okinawa for 99 days.  During the invasion of the island of Guam, Corporal Vana dodged a near miss Japanese bullet, which grazed his head in his helmet.  He was an American hero and great warrior who left a rich legacy for generations to come.  

I have been wanting to have a custom made t-shirt made in memory of him for years and finally did it.  In order to have it made in full color, there was a minimum order of 48 required.  Between orders from family and friends, we've made it over halfway there but need more placed.  If you are willing to help carry on the legacy of Cpl Vana and the raiders, please order your shirt here (any variation or size EXCEPT youth sizes) and help us make the minimum - https://www.customin.../juy0-00bv-as8w

No profit is being made by me - ordering is solely the cost from the company.  Thank you!!

-----------------------

Shirt design details: RAIDER logo on front with banner in red with black lettering and full color patch.  Letter on back with his name, rank, lifespan years, color photo, and following quote: "The power of prayer was like an armor in battle.  Life is a battle, just like combat is.  If you really want strength and courage, that's where it comes from."  

Attached Images

• 62041764_832029820489287_8692320410403864576_n.jpg
  • 61960176_832029720489297_7471407748140236800_n.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users