Nice acquisition from an antique mall: A Co. / 135th MG BN

Capt.Confederacy

Capt.Confederacy

On a recent road trip, I stopped at a large antique mall to browse. I had been there before, and the pickings were pretty sparse with the one militaria dealer having mainly repro items. Well, the "gods of picking" smiled on me, and I found a few little odds and ends from other dealers (a Vietnam War newspaper announcing the war is to end, a Fort Benning Postcard from the 1960's, a souvenir French postcard from WW1) but the one that made the whole trip worthwhile was a WW1 pillow sham.

It's in fantastic shape although the moths did take a few nips here and ate away a couple of the tassels. Still, I was (and am) very pleased.

post-286-0-95899400-1559926636_thumb.jpg

Capt.Confederacy

And here's the other items picked up on the trip.

First, the Fort Benning Postcard from 1968. (On the reverse, the sender complains about the heat.)

post-286-0-53934500-1559926876_thumb.jpg

Capt.Confederacy

Thanks, guys, for your comments. I still can't believe I got such a great piece for such a great price. It was in a small case with other items that were very high priced. I couldn't see the price tag on the sham, and I assumed that it would be priced to the moon as well. Luckily, I asked for the store clerk to show me the item and the price. (I could not get my wallet out fast enough when I saw the asking price. ☺)

Thanks, guys, for your comments. I still can't believe I got such a great piece for such a great price. It was in a small case with other items that were very high priced. I couldn't see the price tag on the sham, and I assumed that it would be priced to the moon as well. Luckily, I asked for the store clerk to show me the item and the price. (I could not get my wallet out fast enough when I saw the asking price. ☺)

Its always the best when you cant see the price and it actually ends up being a good deal. I cant say how many times Ive asked to see something in a case and they flip the tag and they want 4x retail on it.