PFC John K Mohrlang - great neice!

Mohrlangbaby

Mohrlangbaby

Hi, I am Johnny's great neice. My grandpa was Rueben, the oldest son & the one who was ineligible to enlist (although he darn well tried ?). My dad, Jerry, told me about Gary & his quest & interest in my Uncle's history. I am on my own quest to try & recover his remains & bring him home. I appreciate any help, guidance & wisdom! I have a son in the Air Force & my SO is retired AF, but still civil service here. I myself wanted to enlist but alas due to severe hearing loss as a baby was not eligible. I settled for ROTC in college for 4 years & absolutely loved it. Thank you to all the vets both surviving & those perished for their great sacrifice.

I see in your profile it is the same Gary. Gary was a great guy and an early mentor to me as I started in the field. He is still remembered and missed by the EGA collecting community

His son posted some years ago about John K's messkit being recovered, if you have not seen the topic it is here... http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/35171-pfc-john-k-mohrlangs-mess-kit-recovery/?hl=%2Bjohn+%2Bmohrlang

I have sent you a private message (PM)

Salvage Sailor

Aloha,

Back in 2008, Gary and I were also researching the WWII service history of another Uncle, Al Mohrlang, a Boatswain's Mate who served on a tugboat in the Pacific theater. (photo below).

Welcome Aboard

Al Mohrlang 001.jpg