1964 dated, Pilot's Survival Kit, 2 Pieces

SFTROOPER86

SFTROOPER86

Greetings,

I recently discovered these items in my old Army stuff. I forgot I even had them. Some of the contents of this 2 section survival kit are very interesting. Anyone venture a guess what the value of this set might be?

Thanks,

Vince

post-6407-0-00880400-1559104255_thumb.jpg

post-6407-0-78299100-1559104270_thumb.jpg

post-6407-0-56553500-1559104284_thumb.jpg

post-6407-0-50350400-1559104302_thumb.jpg

mohawkALSE

When did you pick those up? I usually see them listed around the 150 range. I know back in the mid 60s before the Army had any real standardization on life support equipment for aircrews they were authorized til the SEEK-2 kits came out and replaced them. They are Navy kits, and that's how things seemed to be Army wise in the 60s, beg borrow and steal from other services for survival equipment til about 1970.

SFTROOPER86

Back in 1981. We were issued all sorts of survival gear from every possible source, even had some British SAS E & E kits.

mohawkALSE

They gave you that in 1981 being 17 years old? Did they not think stuff expired? Half of it would have been useless probably. Those SAS kits were probably decent little things. They've always seemed to specialized in compact individual survival kits to fit in pockets. Were you with SF at that time with this stuff being issued?

• 2 weeks later...
SFTROOPER86

That's funny! I was not sure what he was saying. I have used many "old" items during my military career. The oldest was a 1903 Springfield rifle in a sniper set up in South Central America. Worked like a champ!

I think he was reffering to the kit being 17 years old in 81 :)

Yes, exactly. Kit being 17, but now hell 1991 adds another 10 to that, 27 years old for the kit! wow.

Now THERES something you should have held onto Trooper!

That's funny! I was not sure what he was saying. I have used many "old" items during my military career. The oldest was a 1903 Springfield rifle in a sniper set up in South Central America. Worked like a champ!