MTO Flight Surgeon's uniform

Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Hey!

Been a while since I was able to snag what I call a really good BIN off of ebay, guess my dry streak finally broke! This came straight from the Major's daughter. Per the Daughter ".....was a flight surgeon during the war. He spent some time in London. He didn't speak much about what he did during the war, I know that one of the things he was tasked to do was to identify the remains of pilots who had been burned. He also served in Rome after the war and enjoyed his time there delivering service member's babies." I love being able to get these straight from the veteran's kids, she was also nice enough to include his OS cap, some cap badges, a photo and discharge paper.

What I was absolutely thrilled about was the wings, I've never seen anything like them. The bullion work on this one definitely gives a 3-d appearance, and the detail to the snake tongues and eyes are a great touch.

Hope you guys enjoy this one as much as I do!

-Ben

post-19184-0-18927400-1558744661_thumb.jpg

post-19184-0-50363200-1558744671_thumb.jpg

post-19184-0-99088600-1558744683.jpg

Timberwolf

Thanks guys! I honestly was in shock when I saw that wing, the pics were also horrible from the listing but I'm happy it ended up paying off in the end.