124 replies to this topic

#26 HBT

HBT
  • Members
    • Member ID: 235
  • 414 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 10:03 PM

Matt,
Thanks for sharing your display. I'd sure like to see a close up that tigerstripe Mike Force beret.

---Chris

#27 gunner

gunner
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,483
  • 347 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 09:23 PM

hey maybe your next display for current you could do a 5th SFG using multi cam, its been reported under the radar that the team made a large purchase from crye precision... also use mechanix gloves, there very popular among the SF community. you could use the same plate carrier, and shemagh, maybe add a drop leg holster (hard palstic holster) and a pistol belt, a camel bak, and if your gonna go for the base ball cap look make sure it doesnt have the tab on the top... the com set pushes on that and it really hurts... and maybe get an army brown t shirt and just cut the sleeve off and not have any combat jacket. also use a camo colored us flag and get a couple of them, one for the front of plate carrier... the shirts sleeve, maybe a pack or drop leg pouch... also throw some more molle pouches on your plate carrier. remeber the sf have a license to pretty much do what ever they want and most of the time they wear what ever they want, and most of them hate the new acu camo. but they still occasionally wear it. grab a knife too... any MK2 style knife, or anything really. the new gerber pilot survival knife is big now and the kabar folders with molle sheaths too. they do custom patches and such too... have fun with it and i love your set up as of now! the best part is there will be plenty more rigs for you to put together in the future! oh and it would be awesome if you managed to do an early vietnam with duck hunter camo and all early web gear! good luck!!!! http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

#28 pwmiraldi67

pwmiraldi67
  • Inactive
    • Member ID: 2,472
  • 966 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

Hey Matt

very nice bro!! Im loving the early LAW rocket tube and not to mention the RPD!!!! id kill to get my hands on one that nice!!! where did you find it!? Thats one thing that would complete my colection would be a Rapid People Destroyer!!!
Tigers look nice too!!
keep in touch bro!! http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

paul

#29 MattD

MattD
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,368
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:32 AM

hey maybe your next display for current you could do a 5th SFG using multi cam, its been reported under the radar that the team made a large purchase from crye precision... also use mechanix gloves, there very popular among the SF community. you could use the same plate carrier, and shemagh, maybe add a drop leg holster (hard palstic holster) and a pistol belt, a camel bak, and if your gonna go for the base ball cap look make sure it doesnt have the tab on the top... the com set pushes on that and it really hurts... and maybe get an army brown t shirt and just cut the sleeve off and not have any combat jacket. also use a camo colored us flag and get a couple of them, one for the front of plate carrier... the shirts sleeve, maybe a pack or drop leg pouch... also throw some more molle pouches on your plate carrier. remeber the sf have a license to pretty much do what ever they want and most of the time they wear what ever they want, and most of them hate the new acu camo. but they still occasionally wear it. grab a knife too... any MK2 style knife, or anything really. the new gerber pilot survival knife is big now and the kabar folders with molle sheaths too. they do custom patches and such too... have fun with it and i love your set up as of now! the best part is there will be plenty more rigs for you to put together in the future! oh and it would be awesome if you managed to do an early vietnam with duck hunter camo and all early web gear! good luck!!!! http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

All

Just a word of caution

I realize gunner's comments were generic.

You need to be careful about what you post on current gear/uniforms of SOF and anybody in the current conflicts.
It has been proven our current adversaries use the media/internet against us. I

f you look at alot of the airsoft websites/forums-they do all of the "connecting of the dots" for our adversaries and show who is wearing what, using what weapons and gear.

I do have some more "current stuff/set ups". You will have to come to South Florida and see them

I will do an update, add some more stuff and give history of each mannequin, this weekend

Thanks guys and gals

Matt

Edited by MattD, 28 January 2009 - 06:33 AM.

#30 MattD

MattD
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:39 AM

Hey Matt

very nice bro!! Im loving the early LAW rocket tube and not to mention the RPD!!!! id kill to get my hands on one that nice!!! where did you find it!? Thats one thing that would complete my colection would be a Rapid People Destroyer!!!
Tigers look nice too!!
keep in touch bro!! http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

paul

Paul, the RPD is a dummy gun-but very nicely made. I'm getting another barrel to cut-down, if I decide to do a SOG set up.

There is a company in Florida that makes Semi-auto receivers for RPDs, I'm contemplating that option.

I would consider a trade for a M 1919A5 parts kits, with US made-not Isreali parts. These had a longer life with US Army Special Forces. From 1950s with UNPIK/UNPFK and 10th SFG until 1980s with the advisors in El Salvador

#31 nkomo

nkomo

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 566
  • 8,827 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

Matt,
Any chance we can get a close up of the El Sal advisors set? I'd really love to see it! http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif
Arch

#32 gunner

gunner
  • Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:04 AM

i apologize, i would never intentionally mean to jeopardize any of our own. i understand your concern as well however google, and cnn beat me to the punch with exposing todays special ops, i dont mean to be rude or argumentative in anyway shape or form, just giving my 2 cents on the matter... the job of the army SF soldier is to submerse themselves in the surrounding culture and work with the locals... the same communities who are home to terrorists. they are pretty well exposed and are kind of surrounded by things that scream infidel like the vehicles etc etc. they are there to start up, train, and command local militias. theyre not primarily a stealth ops type of organization like delta, or cia. when going for a low profile approach they ride camels and horse while adorning full local attire with very sweet beards.

with that said when ever you feel comfortable, i would really love to see your current displays!!! http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/w00t.gif so shoot me a PM when ever that is.

and please dont take this as any type of combative argumentative post i just wanted to add my theory to the discussion.

and what about the early advisor duck hunter camo you ever think of doing a display like that?!?! http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

#33 MattD

MattD
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 06:47 PM

"and what about the early advisor duck hunter camo you ever think of doing a display like that?!?! "

Patience, young grasshooper.

Duck hunter camo coming soon to USMF displays

#34 gunner

gunner
  • Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 03:00 PM

haha sorry just very interested in seeing what you throw together im envious of your sf displays http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/w00t.gif

#35 MattD

MattD
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:37 AM

In the later part of the Korean War, 10th SFG sent NCOs and Officers to support the Special Operations being conducted. There were multiple organizations and missions operating during the Korean War. One of these mission was Tactical Liaison Officer-TLO, also called "Line crossers". Each division had a TLO team. The teams were made up of US 1-2 US Officers, several NCOs and a group of agents (Korean and Chinese). Their mission was using agents to infiltrate through the DMZ, conduct reconnaissance of enemy territory and return to friendly lines. The TLO team would train the agents, brief missions, lead agents through friendly lines and meet agents when they returned to friendly lines and were debriefed. A very hazardous mission.

Here is a uniform worn by a NCO TLO. His team was assigned to the 7th ID.
Unpik1.jpg

This uniform was a locally made. I also have a photo of him wearing it.

unpik2.jpg

Edited by MattD, 01 February 2009 - 10:41 AM.

#36 MattD

MattD
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:05 AM

10th Special Forces Group was formed at Ft Bragg June 19th, 1952. 1953 10th SFG was split in half, with one half deploying to Germany and the other 1/2 staying at Ft Bragg to become the 77th SFG.

This is a typical uniform wore and equipment used by the early Special Forces soldiers in Germany.

10thsfg.jpg

The 10th SFG wore the Airborne Command patch until it was replaced by the "Electric Butter knife" in the late 1950s.

10th_sfg__2_.JPG

#37 MattD

MattD
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:10 AM

US Special Forces troops were being deployed to Laos and Vietnam to support their governments in the fight against communism.

This is a set of "In-country" made Duck hunter/Beo gam uniform, also a Advisor/Cowboy hat made from parachute material.

Duckhunter.jpg

#38 MattD

MattD
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:18 AM

As the war progressed in Vietnam. The NVA/Viet Cong put pressure of Special Forces A camps on the border on Vietnam. When the Special Forces troops and their Indig strikers in these camps found themselves being overwhelmed, they would call for support from the Mike Force.

Each Corps (1-4) in Vietnam had a Mike Force to support their A camps and one to deploy any where in the country.

Companies were commanded by NCOs and Battalions by Captains.

This is a typical set up of a Mike Force soldier. Colored scarf for friendly recognition.

Mike_force.jpg

#39 MattD

MattD
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:23 AM

Poplin_erdl.jpg

These are early Poplin ERDL uniforms and Nylon with plastic snaps M-79/203 grenadier vest

Edited by MattD, 01 February 2009 - 11:26 AM.

#40 MattD

MattD
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:31 AM

In the 1980's US Army Special Forces were sent to El Salvador to help the country against a growing insurgency. Majority of these Green Berets came from 7th SFG.

Here is typical uniform wore by US Special Forces advisor in EL Salvador
el_sal.jpg

#41 MattD

MattD
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:43 AM

In 1990 Iraq invaded Kuwait.
3rd SFG (at the time only a Battalion), 5th SFG and 10th SFG all deployed in theatre to support Desert Storm.

Originally scorned by high command, Gen schwarzkopf later commented Special Forces were the "Eyes and ears" for his forces.
3rd/5th SFG deployed Special Reconnaissance (SR) teams deep into Kuwait/Iraq to observe Iraqi troop movement.

They were also the "Glue" that held the coalition together.
5th SFG soldiers rode along with the Arabic Coalition forces (Egyptian, Syrian, Qatar, Saudi) as the entered Kuwait. These soldiers' language skills and communications abilities/equipment, the provided invaluable support to the US/Coalition forces.

10th SFG provided CSAR for the air war and sent troops into Northern Iraq to aid teh Kurds during "Provide Comfort"

This uniform came from a NCO in 3rd SFG. He originally trained the Kuwait military and entered Kuwait city with them.
desert_storm.jpg

Edited by MattD, 01 February 2009 - 11:46 AM.

#42 MattD

MattD
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:55 AM

OPERATION JOINT GUARDIAN
In March 1999, 1 st Battalion, 10th SFG deployed to San Vito ,Italy, establishing FOB 101, and employing all their companies in support of the JSOTF ­NOBLE
ANVIL for Operation ALLIED FORCE and the Kosovo ­related NATO­ led airstrikes into Serbia.

10th SFG provided CSAR , SR and other missions to support Operation Allied Forces.

This uniform, web gear and camouflage cover came from a 10th SFG NCO that conducted SR missions in Kosovo

10thserbia.jpg

#43 MattD

MattD
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:33 PM

Operation Enduring Freedom 2002-2003

Special Forces NCO

MRF.jpg

mrf2.jpg

Edited by MattD, 01 February 2009 - 01:00 PM.

#44 pwmiraldi67

pwmiraldi67
  • Inactive
    • Member ID: 2,472
  • 966 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:30 PM

Operation Enduring Freedom 2002-2003

Special Forces NCO
MRF.jpg

mrf2.jpg

Hey Matt

Too Cool bro!!!! Loving the tan ball cap and your set up, awsome stuff!!!!
Id love to do modern SF but just dont have the room or the funds anymore, maybe some day!!
thanks for sharing!!!

p

#45 nkomo

nkomo

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 566
  • 8,827 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

Matt,
Thanks for the close-ups on the uniforms. Very nicely displayed and the background photos/patches on the wall make an excellent addition. Thanks for the close-up of the 7th set from El Salvador.
Arch

#46 bond007a1

bond007a1
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,415
  • 196 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:40 AM

Matt....nicely done....I especially ENJOY the ones from GULF WAR I & the OEF/OIF ones....I do more collecting from the Gulf War I on myself.....

Steven

#47 MattD

MattD
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:53 PM

Wow, my thread is still here.

I spent the last couple weeks, reorganizing my room and some of the displays. Here are some photos for your review

My display is intended to walk you through US Army Special Forces 1950-today

000_6889__Small_.jpg

Early 10th SFG and UNPIK/UNPFK in the 1950s

000_6886__Small_.jpg

1950's 10th SFG insignia.

What do you think of this style of display? Original insignia pinned to photo copy of Ike jacket

000_6888__Small_.jpg

1950-60s Laos and Vietnam

All three of the uniforms belong to the same Special Forces NCO

I will be adding more photos this week as I get more stuff up on walls

#48 paul_bish

paul_bish
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,586
  • 771 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:45 PM

very nice display Matt.

#49 MattD

MattD
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:13 PM

Here are some more pictures, I decided I need to change up the mannequins.

A short walk thru US Army Special Forces history

1950s, UNPIK/UNPFK, 10th SFG , 77th SFG and 1st SFG

1950s__Small_.jpg

000_6893__Small_.jpg

Attached Images

• 1960s__Small_.jpg

#50 MattD

MattD
  • Members
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 12:16 PM