Some help with these US Navy Lockers

avigo

Hi guys.

These lockers are for sale locally. The sellers says they came from a military auction and that they are off of a Navy Ship. She says she can't find any markings or anything.

Can anybody confirm these are indeed US navy lockers? Anything I should look for?

Thanks

PjMAjlX.jpg

I can't help with these exact ones, but from the others I've seen on ships, they look like something that would have been on a ship to me. Most of the ships I've been on have the "coffin" locker and standard gym-type lockers, but there have been a lot of ships over the years and most of them bigger than the ones I'm used to. :)

I'd believe the seller - these conform to what I would expect.

I can't help with these exact ones, but from the others I've seen on ships, they look like something that would have been on a ship to me. Most of the ships I've been on have the "coffin" locker and standard gym-type lockers, but there have been a lot of ships over the years and most of them bigger than the ones I'm used to. :)

I'd believe the seller - these conform to what I would expect.

Thank you!

Would they/should they have some kind of Navy markings or not necessarily?

Just looking for something unique for my apartment as far as storage

Bob Hudson

Thank you!

Would they/should they have some kind of Navy markings or not necessarily?

Sometimes you find a manufacturer's label, but not always.

The colors look right... but I've never seen a locker that looked just like those. It's possible they're Navy lockers. It's also possible that if they are Navy lockers that they didn't come off a ship... could have been in a barracks or some other shore facility.

It looks like there might be some sort of small metal plate above the top vents on the door. If so, there might be an NSN or some other identifier under the pant.

The colors look right... but I've never seen a locker that looked just like those. It's possible they're Navy lockers. It's also possible that if they are Navy lockers that they didn't come off a ship... could have been in a barracks or some other shore facility.

It looks like there might be some sort of small metal plate above the top vents on the door. If so, there might be an NSN or some other identifier under the pant.

Thanks!

Yeah, it also looks like there might be a sticker in the back of the cabinet. I am having the seller check tonight (it's too far for me to justify just going to check them out before buying)

I see where you said it was bought at auction. I've bought several items through military auctions (directly from the fed government) and they always put a white sticker on the items showing some info like stock number, original price of the item, etc.