Tank Destroyer Medic... "Not a Repro"! or is it?

USMC-RECON0321

USMC-RECON0321

I haven't post here in a while, but still on the hunt and this one on eBay gave me a chuckle. Since the seller is clearly stating "Not a Repro"! And only posting a few very small pictures, I figured I better counter that statement with a post here and try to warn any potential bidders or new collectors that I think most will disagree with his assessment.

The seller states in his one line description;

This is an original WW II medic's helmet. I purchased it from an antique shop in England while visiting six years ago. Not a repro!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/M1-Medical-Helmet-Liner-with-Tank-Destroyer-Black-Panther/382951566017

So, not sure if this is a case of the owner being taken and is now going to find out the bad news or is knowingly trying to sell a fake as real? Either way, it's a classic aged reproduction, display item. Buyers beware.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong, please explain, I'm all ears.

Troy

post-33000-0-13067400-1557958308.jpg post-33000-0-97560200-1557958324.jpg post-33000-0-27650100-1557958334.jpg post-33000-0-99784100-1557958344.jpg post-33000-0-29139500-1557958356.jpg

This helmet was already discussed on here, not sure if it sold the last time it was on eBay. Most likely relisted

USMC-RECON0321

This helmet was already discussed on here, not sure if it sold the last time it was on eBay. Most likely relisted

I did look, but must have missed it. Do you have the link?

USMC-RECON0321

Here it is, took me a second it was under Real or what. No pictures, glad you were able to post them. Im sure this wont be the last time this helmet makes its rounds.

Link http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/327383-ww2-medics-brain-bucket/&do=findComment&comment=2631253

Didn't look there, I think it does more good to be here in the helmet forum anyway. I looked at the link you attached and that is pretty useless with only an ebay link that will expire and no photos.

I thought there was more content on the link, I just remember the helmet being discussed once before. Anyone whos seen a few helmets will know this ones not right. I dont think Ive ever seen a TD helmet painted on steel

Recently purchased a war time photo with a TD marking on a steel helmet.

But for the helmet at question, definitely agree with Troy.

USMC-RECON0321

Steel helmet with TD marking

Great photo evidence of a marked helmet. Thanks for sharing.

Troy

• 1 month later...