Recent addition, SS, LOM, BS, English DSO to Col.

gunnertwo

Really hit one out of the park with this acquisition. Group to a Col and regimental commander of the 10th Inf Regt of the 5th Inf Div. Started in NY with Mex Border service, on to WWI as an officer and finished as commander of the 10th Inf Regt in WWII. Died in 1950 and is buried at Arlington. Col Robert P. Bell. Several foreign decorations, UK DSO, French LoH, C dG and others. I'll let pics tell the tale.

G2

post-8930-0-04108200-1557898992_thumb.jpg

post-8930-0-36062500-1557899008_thumb.jpg

This last one I'm trying to identify, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Many thanks to Kurt for help in the initial identification.

G2

post-8930-0-85336300-1557899381_thumb.jpg

Czechoslovakian war cross

This last one I'm trying to identify, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Many thanks to Kurt for help in the initial identification.

G2

I own all of Bell's award documents and other paper from WWI until the end of his career. He was also awarded the Order of the Red Star by the Soviet Union...I sent you a pm

post-110-0-18858100-1557916222_thumb.jpg

CNY Militaria

Nice group! I see a General Star in there; Did he get promoted beyond Colonel?

Nice group and if the two of you can get the paper together with the medals you will really have something there. Well done!

Wonderful group! I also hope you can make a deal on the paperwork. At the very least I hope you can get hi-rez scans of the paper.

Dick

Skysoldier80

That would be so wonderful to put that group back together. i guess it comes down to who wants it most.

Well, interesting turn of events. I appreciate the ID of the War Cross, thanks. Andy, received your PM, will respond shortly. There are two generals stars (made by Gaunt of London), but he wasn’t a GO, I tend to think he was on the promotion list when he died. Andy could probably confirm that his death was unexpected. His grave at Arlington shows him as Col and 10th Inf Rgt commander. Thanks again to all for your comments.

G2

Here is one of the SSM docs...it is a massive file, with all of the GOs (CIB etc) and the transmittal documents for the citations

post-110-0-58852900-1557953271_thumb.jpg