Phase 1 Sampson

Javelin4life

Javelin4life

A recent addition. A True and through Phase 1 Sampson Medal with proper linked engagement bar, correct wire loop and impressed naming on the rim. The quality of this decoration is unmatched, with only the dewey as a respectable contender for that title. Martin Finn was born on December 18th 1876. He enlisted on December 30th 1897. Research is still ongoing. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMcollector

Nice pickup Alex! A U.S.N. Chainlink Sampson. Excited to see what the full research reveals.

Javelin4life

Nice pickup Alex! A U.S.N. Chainlink Sampson. Excited to see what the full research reveals.

Thank you! Definitely one of my new top favorites. I will update when i complete the research.

Great medal! Thanks for sharing. Sampson's and Dewy's are on the top of my list.

Dick

Javelin4life

Great medal! Thanks for sharing. Sampson's and Dewy's are on the top of my list.

Dick

Youre welcome! Being the caretaker for A dewey and now my second Sampson, i get why these are so desired. Theyre essentially works of art.

aerialbridge

Youre welcome! Being the caretaker for A dewey and now my second Sampson, i get why these are so desired. Theyre essentially works of art.

Beautiful medal. Hope to see your research after you get a copy of his file from St. Louis.

aerialbridge

Finn Martin -- [Date of Birth] 12/18/1876, [service Number] 001057962, [Date of Enlistment] 12/16/1892

Since he served more than six years, in addition to the West Indies Campaign and Philippines Campaign medals that Finn qualified for, there might also be a Good Conduct medal out there. Your reunification search is just beginning. ;)

post-18406-0-20661700-1558386310_thumb.jpg