What is the symbol on this M1 Lid ?

The Rooster

The Rooster

Greetings all.

Is this a Navy Lid or what?

Rear seam swivel bail and nice

earlier vietnam liner.

Anyone know whats up with the inverted triangle?

Navy?

post-181333-0-19495000-1557720098_thumb.jpg

The Rooster

Anybody have a clue ? Some kind of landing party helmet marking???

The upside down red triangle is heavily associated with explosive clearance. Some sort of demining or ordnance unit would be my best bet. Far from certain though... Good luck on finding it out.

cheers

Nickman983

The upside down red triangle is heavily associated with explosive clearance. Some sort of demining or ordnance unit would be my best bet. Far from certain though... Good luck on finding it out.

cheers

Any idea how long this has been the case? I don't mean to derail the thread but I've got a helmet that's either very late WWII or KW use that has upside down red triangles with a blue T that I've been trying to determine the meaning behind

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/316162-rs-sb-with-unknown-markings/

The Rooster

Any idea how long this has been the case? I don't mean to derail the thread but I've got a helmet that's either very late WWII or KW use that has upside down red triangles with a blue T that I've been trying to determine the meaning behind

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/316162-rs-sb-with-unknown-markings/

Ive seen your helmet. Im thinking this is an entirely different animal.

The Rooster

cheers

Ahhh Thank you. Thats a great clue!

Is it Army? The paint is making me think Navy or maybe USMC????

I'm far from certain but my best guess would be army engineers. The red definitely has a strong connection to anything dangerous, explosive and engineers. This color association was already apparent in WW2. The 307th airborne engineers for instance used a red triangle pointing forward and their motto was 'danger forward'. The triangle pointing down could indicate buried explosives, hence my thoughts. This is all just speculation but that's where I'd be looking, army engineers, particularly mine clearance. Again, could be wrong and hopefully someone more certain than this will chime in...

Nickman983

Awesome, thanks for the information Ken! Hopefully this gets me one step closer to identifying these markings

The Rooster

I'm far from certain but my best guess would be army engineers. The red definitely has a strong connection to anything dangerous, explosive and engineers. This color association was already apparent in WW2. The 307th airborne engineers for instance used a red triangle pointing forward and their motto was 'danger forward'. The triangle pointing down could indicate buried explosives, hence my thoughts. This is all just speculation but that's where I'd be looking, army engineers, particularly mine clearance. Again, could be wrong and hopefully someone more certain than this will chime in...

Awesome, thanks for the information Ken! Hopefully this gets me one step closer to identifying these markings

Hey Ken 88. Thank you for the info. I think you are onto it.

Like minefield warning signs etc. Also check out the explosives chart.

Thanks Man!!!

Nickman983…… I hope you find what the markings are on your helmet.

But, respectfully, I think you made that post on the wrong post. I think

Ken88 was talking about the helmet I have posted here in this post. ?

If you don't mean to hijack my post, " (I don't mean to derail the thread)"

then please do not.

You could always PM Ken88?

Just like I could have PM this to you...

But since you hijacked my post… Well…..

Good luck. Its a mind boggler trying to figure out what you have sometimes… So no huge.

OI hope you find out.

Rooster77

post-181333-0-09349900-1558070640.png

The Rooster

Nickman… Im totally new at the helmet collecting… So my opinion doesn't really mean squat.. But your helmet I think is a unit marking of some sort

where as the helmet here with its marking.. I don't feel is a unit marking. I think its more like a position marking…….

Like maybe loader ? on a gun...or like Ken88 said having to do with demo explosives etc etc .

Hope you take no offense to above comment….

But I really think your helmets markings are a toally different animal?

Think Unit vs Position.

But I don't really know.?

Im as confused and boggled about this lid as you are about yours? Weird thing about this marking here is that I know Ive seen it somewhere on this forum in an old post. But nobody seems to really know.

Rooster