Question, WWII AAF belt buckle, rectangular or oval?

digi-shots

digi-shots

In reading another thread there was mention of an oval type belt buckle that is post war or late war.

This belt and buckle came with a 1943 uniform that was used for graduation from flight school. Does it look rectangular or oval ?

Thanks

post-4361-0-17149200-1557706419.jpeg

Is the belt seperate/removable or sewn to the Jacket?

Believe the Cadet uniforms the belts were sewn to the uniform.

Looks fine. The buckles on army officer jackets were slightly different by Korea, but the plain ones are correct for WW2.

The Korea-era ones weren't oval, just more rounded:

post-32676-0-66364600-1557746996.jpg

Have same question as Ron, is belt sewn to jacket? Also Cadet jackets color was slightly different, had a few when collected USAAF. Basic “ shape” of buckle is rectangular, corners are rounded .

digi-shots

I double checked the label... looks like he got the uniform at Blackland Field Exchange, dated 2/44. I thought it was a bit earlier.

The belt is separate and not sewn to the uniform.

It's a great looking uniform and I got lucky that it was named and fairly easy to research.

post-4361-0-28877700-1557760526.jpg

post-4361-0-58627100-1557760538.jpg

Looks fine. The buckles on army officer jackets were slightly different by Korea, but the plain ones are correct for WW2.

The Korea-era ones weren't oval, just more rounded:

I have this buckle on a uniform I got from a WW2 8th AF vet who was a POW.Probably bought it around 1981 from him right out of his basement.Never gave it a thought back then.The uniform also has no seam above the pockets.In on pocket is a slip(I found) with his Camp number etc on it.Makes me wonder when he got the uniform?No overseas bars or ribbons but he pinned two pairs of wings on it.One gunner and one bombardier.He said he qualified as both.I have left it as exactly found.Still has the old dry cleaning bag over it as well.