Junior Combat Emblem Sets

ocsfollowme

ocsfollowme

Saw this on ebay and wanted to add this to our forum knowledge as I checked and it is not on the forum. From the American Insignia Company, NY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW-2-JUNIOR-COMBAT-EMBLEM-SET-VINTAGE-ARMY-NAVY-PATCHES-PINS-ORIGINAL-CARD/233155038287

Another company that sold insignia during or after the war.

post-122868-0-81233200-1557274440_thumb.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

I wonder how many different variations of this set they made, different patches? Pins?, Imagine a abn pocket patch in one

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I vaguely remember these, late 50s-early 60s? I think each one had different assortments.

We had a previous post on similar insignia sets that were grouped together to sell to kids.

ocsfollowme

We had a previous post on similar insignia sets that were grouped together to sell to kids.

True, but I could not find any on the forum from this Junior Emblem. Maybe I am wrong, my apologies. Sometimes the search feature does not work well after migrations of upgrades and data.

True, but I could not find any on the forum from this Junior Emblem. Maybe I am wrong, my apologies. Sometimes the search feature does not work well after migrations of upgrades and data.

Oh no, that is fine. I was just going to post the link if I could find it.

I am from that generation who thought these were "cool". Probably most of them were taken apart and either sewn to somebody's denim knock around jacket or eventually were absorbed into a collection.

Once in awhile there was a diamond in the rough. On this one, that small Coast Artillery pin looks interesting, as well as that early Strategic Air Command arc.

Probably from the late 50s very early 60s if we take the "Obsolete Miltary Emblems" as a guide, which they were indeed in the late 50s early 60s.

To wit for the Army at least

The Field Artillery insignia, replaced by the Artillery Branch Insignia.

post-34986-0-04248300-1558062312.jpg

The OD on Khaki for wear on Long Sleeve Khaki Shirts as an alternative, replaced by the Gold on AG44.

post-34986-0-89337400-1558062390.jpg

The 5th Infantry Division, it was inactivated June 1957 at Ord (reactivated February 1962 at Carson)