M14 magazines

daskrieg

I found some M14 mags at an antique store and I wanted to know how do you tell if they are from the Vietnam era and what the going prices are. They are rusty but I am sure with some elbow grease they will clean up if I should buy them. Any help is appreciated. Dwayne

M1Garandy

There are fake GI magazines out there (as well as commercial and foreign production), but in general magazines that are marked, are marked down low on the rear. Markings like HR-R, UHC, KMT, BRW S-I, OM and several others. If you Google "M14 magazine identification guide" you should turn up the one written by Lee Emerson. Lots of good pics of markings, welds and how to ID fakes.

These days generic GI M14 magazines sell for $20 and up. An astute seller with an uncommon magazine or one that is sought after will charge more.

Magazines marked CMI or with the Springfield Armory emblem are newer production. CMI is the current manufacturer for the Government.

A T44 magazine would be worth more than any of the above.

milsurp_scout_14

I had success lately selling several USGI M14 mags for around $35/e out of my case at the local antique mall here in AZ; however, there should be lots of them in the $20 range 'out there'. Mine were fairly common makers--Borg-Warner, Atwood Vacuum, Union Hardware.