UNREAL! WOW!

SKIPH

Are we looking at the same knife ? I see about maybe 30% blade finish . When these Robis have full finish they shine like a diamond In a goats rump . A rare knife , YES , no question about It . Say what you will about Ebay , but It tends to set current market value to some degree . JMO

To some degree yes, but also it must be noted some of the buying done on ebay is, to say the least, without any rhyme or reason.

Case in point: Last week a Camillus USMC MK2 in a poor sheath with a care tag sold for the absurd price of $1053. We were amazed at that and someone (Skip I believe) noticed that another seller immediately listed another one with a starting bid of $1200. Several of us got a chuckle out of that...... well the seller is doing the chuckling now. It SOLD for $1200 to one of the people who missed the $1053 one. If common Camillus USMC MK2's with care tags are now set at over $1000 what would something RARE go for? Maybe $1800+ IS the new ebay benchmark.

Near Mint WWII USMC CAMILLUS FIGHTING KNIFE w TAKE CARE TAG US MARINE CORP WW2

Winning bid:
US $1,200.00

I had a guy recently ask for a Buy Now price. I declined so he placed a bid. He was then outbid. Then another bidder placed a bid and won the auction. The buyer didnt pay. When I contacted the person they responded with some crazy talk about buying cleaner for 2.70 not knives for 270. I checked the account and it had been around for three years without a purchase. I notified Ebay. I imagine it was the first bidder sabotaging the sale.

I ended up making more the next time it sold so he did me a favor.