U.S. Ontario Knife for ID- Old or New?

7thEvac

This knife is marked U.S.Ontario on the blade and has a flaming bomb on the pommel end. I don't recognize the sheath.

Is this a new knife or a marriage of some kind? Thanks

post-185627-0-95287600-1555897144_thumb.jpg

post-185627-0-86548700-1555897157_thumb.jpg

Flaming bomb on the pommel is pure hokum. Ordinance stoped using the flaming bomb in the 50's and Ontario didn't start producing these before the 80's. Throw in the fact that ordinance never stamped any 1219C2 knives anyway and we can presume the stamp was used by a previous owner.

I agree with sactroop, the Ordinance Bomb was last used in the 1953 Utica M5 bayonet, even when other makers were using the DAS mark. I also concur that no known MK2 of any era has ever had an Ordinance Bomb stamp. The blade on this one , based on the pictures, appears to be a legitimate Ontario, rehandled, and repommeled w/ for what ever reason an Ordinance Bomb. I doubt it's Chinese. The scabbard on the other hand, could be anything, lots of modern stuff floating around. Just my opinion, based on what I see. SKIP

The pommel looks like a late Camillus repro M3 pommel, which is poorly fitted. The "XX" guard, no clue! SKIP

IMHO, the knife is worth what you paid for it, even if it's not exactly what you were looking for. Looks like somebody may have saved a knife from the scrap heap. Not necessarily all bad.

I've gotten good worth out of other things similar to this as trade stock for other things I was more interested in.