RCC M3 Blade-dated for Study

SKIPH

Just saw this on ebay gang. But, not sure how to evaluate it. Ebay# 254206135039. The curious thing is the guard is backwards, & not even sure if it's a correct RCC, no pics. Also no pics of the pommel to see if it was removed or replaced. The leather handle looks correct for an RCC, and comes with a L&C M6. Right now it's at $100. Wondering if it's a factory error, or personal preference on turning the guard around. Any thoughts? I don't know the seller, or am I interested in buying it. Don't recall ever seeing any factory goofs, but sure they exist. As always if someone could post the pics or ad it would be appreciated. SKIP

Lance- Thanks! The knife overall is interesting, because other than the guard reversed, and based on the pictures, it looks right for a dated RCC. The scabbard has the paratrooper modification w/ the M1910 belt hook cut off. But the top above the retainer strap was either cut too low, or tore open. Plus based on Bill Walter's book, the L &C M6 is correct. Just checked out the seller's other items, he is a knife guy. SKIP

Do we know where the cross cannon ordinance stamp is located on this guard? I'm wondering because the guard looks like it may have been modified by the owner. If the stamp is in the normal location, it could be that the original bend was removed and the opposite end was changed too.

It is no longer listed. Someone must have made a good offer. Hope it's one of our group so they can post pics of the guard & pommel. As for sactroops input, the bottom of the guard would not normally be long enough to bend into the normal thumb rest shape of the top. If you look at that guard the size is correct for an M3, just reversed. But, I sure would like to see the guard with the RCC Ordinance Stamp, and a look at the pommel. Oh well, we may never know now. SKIP

First washer behind the guard was trimmed down on the edge side, top (straight side) of guard looks straightened to me, as well as the bend on the other side looks funky and not original. Someone most likely modified it, in my opinion. Who, when and why is open to speculation.