Ribbon Rack Question

JCBrownABNPFDR

JCBrownABNPFDR

I'm new to the forum and this is my first attempt to post. So please be gentle. This ribbon rack has the CIB with the star to indicate two awards. It's obvious to me that he earned the first CIB during WW2 and the second is for Korea. My problem is that this enlisted soldier has the Pacific Theater ribbon with three stars as well as the European Theater ribbon. I can't find any record of an Army infantry unit that served in both theaters. I've found several aviation units that served in both. Can someone share their knowledge with me? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

post-228890-0-89403000-1555380512.jpgI

The 86th and 97th Infantry Divisions both rotated to the Asiatic-Pacific Theater after service in the ETO, but not in time to receive service stars for the AP Campaign medal. Perhaps he served in Iceland or some other locale early in the war where he could earn the EAME campaign medal without service star before transfer to the Pacific.

Simply could be a case of where he was injured in Europe during training, returned to the US to later get shipped out to the Pacific.

-Ski

JCBrownABNPFDR

Thanks for your input. I've had these ribbons for quite some time and have had similar thoughts as yours. I wanted to pin down a unit that this person was in to see if I could find a local veteran that I could attribute them to. If he changed units then I'm up a creek because it would take a miracle to find the veteran.