Salty M1 listed as a Vietnam Helmet

The Rooster

The Rooster

Greetings all,

What do you think about this helmet.

Seller had it listed as a vietnam M1. Its got a vietnam era green cover turned inside out on it.

Opinions please...

Thank you.

post-181333-0-00952400-1555257517_thumb.jpg

post-181333-0-00952400-1555257517_thumb.jpg

Looks like a correct Vietnam era used helmet set.

Cover is a 1965 era "twill" cover, liner is WW2 vintage repainted post war. Sweatband is Vietnam era heavy canvas.

Shell and liner most likely repainted at the same time by the looks of it. Most likely during the 1960s

The Rooster

Looks like a correct Vietnam era used helmet set.

Cover is a 1965 era "twill" cover, liner is WW2 vintage repainted post war. Sweatband is Vietnam era heavy canvas.

Shell and liner most likely repainted at the same time by the looks of it. Most likely during the 1960s

Thank you Justin. What is a good price for this as it stands?

And is it better to just leave it as is from a collectors viewpoint? Or is it better to redo the webbing in the liner

and mess with it etc etc etc... ?

Im only asking about price because I bought it and I want to see if I offered too much.

Not a seller. Just collecting. This is my 4th and hopefully last helmet for a while...

Im weening my self off of a serious vintage wing addiction. lol

Rooster!

Thanks for posting! Now more people are gonna bid on it.....

Maybe. Maybe not.

We have had extended discussions on here about whether showing something for auction ends up exposing it to more bidders.

Some even went so far as to accuse publication on our Forum as artificially pushing up the final bids, and that we should

ban such postings "to keep the market fair".

There is no way to know one way or the other for each and every case, but our overall conclusion was that posting items on here

has very little impact.

If you are posting a popular item on eBay, it automatically is available to millions of viewers, 24 x 7. If something attracts a lot of

bidding there is nothing to say it would not of happened even without a review on here.

What we do not want to do is discourage people from asking questions on here, especially if they are considering bidding on something expensive. More than once we have helped our members avoid buying something that was put together or an outright fake. We believe that is the

greater value.

I recognize this helmet; eB@y, right?

To the OP: I wouldnt worry about people getting in a snit about you posting stuff that may be on an auction site - even before the auction is complete.

You did nothing wrong, at all.

Its not like eB@y is some closely-guarded secret. LOL.

There is plenty of this stuff to go around everybody, relax.

The helmet should be left alone as it's most likely been in it's current state for decades and that is most likely as it was used.

There's no way to display it as a WWII helmet. It's a 1960s vintage used piece and should remain as such.

The Rooster

The helmet should be left alone as it's most likely been in it's current state for decades and that is most likely as it was used.

There's no way to display it as a WWII helmet. It's a 1960s vintage used piece and should remain as such.

Thank you, I'l leave it be.

That clone I posted as a learning experience, I had already purchased it. I told the seller what I found out about it

but I kept it because I like it! and I got a $25.00 refund because its not a USGI like he had it advertised.

I got it real cheap.

Appreciate the help!

Thank you!

The Rooster

I realize after having read about the helmet fakers on here and such , I realize why the suspicion....

I appologize for losing my cool and will refrain from making any posts that appera suspicious in the future.

Personally I dont want to put something on here im interested in... someone else might snag it before I do.

Most things I post and ask questions about on here are things I already took the leap and bought.

Sometimes you just have to be willing to lose some money in the learning process..

I usually learn the hard way.

The Rooster

Maybe. Maybe not.

We have had extended discussions on here about whether showing something for auction ends up exposing it to more bidders.

Some even went so far as to accuse publication on our Forum as artificially pushing up the final bids, and that we should

ban such postings "to keep the market fair".

There is no way to know one way or the other for each and every case, but our overall conclusion was that posting items on here

has very little impact.

If you are posting a popular item on eBay, it automatically is available to millions of viewers, 24 x 7. If something attracts a lot of

bidding there is nothing to say it would not of happened even without a review on here.

What we do not want to do is discourage people from asking questions on here, especially if they are considering bidding on something expensive. More than once we have helped our members avoid buying something that was put together or an outright fake. We believe that is the

greater value.

My sincere appologies to you Moderator... I was hot and snapped and did not read your post carefully and I do sincerly appologise. This is a great Forum with great people.

I dont know Frogskin yet though! lol

Learning the hard way again... Im doomed to it.

lol

Happy Hunting Fellow Addicts!!!

Not a problem. My post was about the effect of discussing items on here that were currently up for publically viewed auctions elsewhere.

It was not meant to be a comment on the authenticity of the item under discussion.

I apologize for any confusion.

The Rooster

It was totally me. I do appologize.

The confussion was on me.

Could be too that the third sentance in my opening post

confused someone?

"Seller had it listed as a vietnam M1"

Had as in past tense. vs Seller has it listed......

Cheers

Rooster