ww2 BAR gunner webgear

Justin

Hello. I hate being snowed in. :rolleyes: so today I was digging out some of my ww2 stuff, and found this set. Thought you would all like to see. Everything is original and dated 1942. overall great condition.. Here are some pictures.

Also, what do you think the value of this is worth? This gear is no longer my interest, and there is lots of things on my Vietnam list I still need >_<

thumbsup.gif

Justin

post-2305-1229973925.jpg

post-2305-1229973941.jpg

Captainofthe7th

That looks great Justin! Very minty, and very professionally displayed as well.

My only suggestion would be to give it a '28 pack instead of a musette bag, but I won't be a stickler. I'm sure this happened all the time anyway...you need suspenders with that thing.

Rob

Captainofthe7th

I meant in order for one to wear the BAR belt, the suspenders (such that you have included) would be a necessity due to the weight of the belt loaded.

Rob

Very nice set Justin, I've always liked the musette bag and M36 suspenders set-up myself. I've often wondered how the Marine BAR men stood all that weight with their narrow suspender system....they had to dig into their shoulders!! thumbsup.gif

Fred

Very nice set up! It is always nice to see a complete set of web gear. It looks so much better together than in pieces! thumbsup.gif