This hobby IS addictive!

EEMueller

]Just got my second knife. I've been following the discussions of the 7-point vs 8-point M-1917 knives, so when I saw this one, and all looked correct, I bought it. Unfortunately, it's not in nearly as nice a condition as some that I've seen shown here. It belonged to a collector in France, who's grandfather found it just after the war. Corrosion and pitting on the handle and blade, and someone tried to polish up the guard where the logo is. And no scabbard. I'll keep watching for a better example, but for now, I'm pleased.

post-220813-0-15584700-1554735090_thumb.jpg

Nice knife. Who is the maker? A lot of us are happy with an item having the old "been there, done that" look, me included. Also, they are a bit more reasonably priced generally. And about that addiction, a year from now you'll be posting shots of your 35th knife.

EE

Congratulations on your number 2, very nice. Just remember as far as the addiction goes, your not alone :) really not alone :rolleyes:

Tony

Would you believe you are the very first person ever to say the hobby is addicting here?

I like the "been there" stuff more than something that sat through the war on a shelf someplace. They may look nicer, and have more value, but I started in this hobby for the history of it all.

Congrats on the knife!

Mikie

BILL THE PATCH

If I was going to buy a knife, I would buy yours in a heart beat knowing that it was as Bob said"over there" nice pick up. Any way to get maybe a certificate saying it was found in France? Maybe from seller

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

EE

Congratulations on your number 2, very nice. Just remember as far as the addiction goes, your not alone :) really not alone :rolleyes:

Tony

Only 2, you need to step up your game!!!