Unknown WWII Air Depot patch

ocsfollowme

ocsfollowme

Thanks in advance. Does anyone have documentation for the 348th sub depot?

post-122868-0-55925100-1554243460.jpg

worldwarpatches has one listed as Ogden Air Depot 348 Sub Depot Casper WY

I just picked up one and the reverse had this written on. Frederick AFB OK

post-122868-0-65602200-1554243695.jpg

However, when I research Oklahoma AAF bases I see that there was a 348th Army Air Forces Base Unit at Will Rogers Field.

What are your thoughts of where this patch was located?

• Ogden Air Depot, 7 November 1940 – 8 April 1942 and later became Hill Air Field.

OCAD is OK City Air Depot. So could it be the 348th Sub Depot operating out of the OK Air Depot? Ogden is located in Utah so nothing to do with Oklahoma. I am puzzled but I know someone at this forum can figure it out.

ocsfollowme

if it was a 398th Sub-Depot that was located at Laurel Field in Laurel, Mississippi. So pretty sure it was 348th.

post-122868-0-00043400-1554261561.jpg

Probably Oklahoma.

With regard to the 348th Sub Depot I believe that was located in Casper, Wyoming.

Source: https://archive.org/stream/airforceofficia271944airf/airforceofficia271944airf_djvu.txt

No. 42-303510, seat type, left at 6th Sub

Depot, Bainbridge Army Air Field, Bainbridge,

Ga. Drop Test Card shows this chute was

packed at 348th Sub-Depot, Casper Army Air

Field, Casper, Wyo., March 30, 1943.

Additionally, I found this article of which I've included the portion referencing the 348th Sub Depot:

Publication:

Tucson Daily Citizen June 21, 1943

h1.jpg

The only thing I've not been able to find evidence of is the connection between the Ogden Air Depot in Utah and the 348th Sub Depot in Casper, Wyoming. An obvious (although not necessarily correct) assumption would be that the 348th Sub Depot was a subordinate unit operating under direction of, or in conjunction with the Ogden Air Depot.

I am fairly convinced that the patch has nothing to do with the Oklahoma City Air Depot.

ocsfollowme

I have since found this.

post-122868-0-95332500-1554302699_thumb.jpg

AZNATION: thanks again for your time. I think you nailed it. I have spent about two hours trying to find a connection for Casper but the only thing that I can come up with is the nearest proximity city in Wyoming of substance to make it a sub depot.

AZNATION: thanks again for your time. I think you nailed it. I have spent about two hours trying to find a connection for Casper but the only thing that I can come up with is the nearest proximity city in Wyoming of substance to make it a sub depot.

You're welcome. Yes, it's really not all that far from Ogden Air Depot / Hill AFB.