Senior Parachutist badge with two stars

Hello all,

I got these in a box of miscellaneous pins, patches etc. What do you think of the placement of the stars? I know almost nothing about wings but I'm trying to learn and I appreciate any thoughts or observations on these :)

Thanks,

-Ryan

post-44370-0-72689300-1554129581_thumb.jpg

Odd placement as 2 jump stars should have been one on each wing. But more than likely, they already had the one in the center and just punched in the one on the wing to signify the second jump instead of getting a whole new wing.

Odd placement as 2 jump stars should have been one on each wing. But more than likely, they already had the one in the center and just punched in the one on the wing to signify the second jump instead of getting a whole new wing.

I really don't see anything wrong with the placement.

"Should" isn't always what happened.

Here is a group from a WW2 Battalion surgeon with the 508th

His war time wings are all there except one set he kept that were mounted on a leather two piece ovel(brit made with two stars also)Three of the wings have the two stars(Normandy and Holland)

Im thinking the senior wings in the post may have belonged to a WW2 vet who stayed in and later achieved the senior wings.

I have a set to a WW2 Ranger vet.He later served in Korea as a Ranger and later in Vietnam as SF.He was airborne qualified after WW2 but had two jumps in Korea.I will have to look how he set his wings up.

post-342-0-39428100-1554136089_thumb.jpg

Apologies. Never meat to say I didn't think it wasn't any good. Just odd. Combat jump stars never became "Army" official until the invasion of Grenada. Before that Airborne units had their own ideas of how to do things, which is why you will see stars all over the place on wings, along with invasion arrow heads. After Grenada they became official and set regulations were put in place to make everyone uniform. I.E. specific measurements on where exactly the stars were to be placed on the wing. Special units have always done their own thing until reigned in by big Army.