Helmet Net Opinions Wanted / Needed

USAF29thINFvet

Not to be a wet blanket here but, reproduction nets look pretty good too and I honestly can't tell enough by the photos to say that it is legit.

USAF29thINFvet

I'm trying to get a bigger pic but its too big to post....next attempt

post-777-0-92790900-1553557270.png

A lot of the repos seem to have that fuzzy look like repo chin straps . Looks ok IMO .

Fuzzy??? Have you looked at this style repro nets? This is a close up of the string on a repro, it does not look fuzzy. However, the weave is different than the one the OP posted. I have some other ones packed away that I keep for reference, I'll dig them out tomorrow and give some other examples.

20190325_205556.jpg

Scott,

Is that a nylon net?

Reproduction nets are usually pretty easy to spot. They are also a lot lighter and soft compared to originals. I have 2 brown nets and one khaki net in my collection in 3/4 inch, always thought they were original since they don't compare at all to the way my ATF and Jmurry reproductions nets used to look and feel, those also didn't have the "smell". I don't have the known reproductions anymore because they were just collection fillers.

Maybe I'll post mine and ask see what others have to say about them.

Scott,

Is that a nylon net?

Reproduction nets are usually pretty easy to spot. They are also a lot lighter and soft compared to originals. I have 2 brown nets and one khaki net in my collection in 3/4 inch, always thought they were original since they don't compare at all to the way my ATF and Jmurry reproductions nets used to look and feel, those also didn't have the "smell". I don't have the known reproductions anymore because they were just collection fillers.

Maybe I'll post mine and ask see what others have to say about them.

Could be Justin. I am doing this from memory and all my reference fakes are buried somewhere. I want to be clear, I am not saying the OP's net is fake, I am saying that some of the reproductions in this style are pretty good.