BC-611-F Handie Talkie

firstdefense1

firstdefense1

Found this neat item in a large estate I recently purchased. There were three of these radios along with a ton (literally) of other radio equipment. After going thru it I realized that one of the radios was a little different. This one had an external hand held antenna. I also found an additional antenna still in the original packaging.

post-213566-0-58579700-1552909496_thumb.jpg

post-213566-0-83245800-1552909510_thumb.jpg

post-213566-0-45206800-1552909543_thumb.jpg

pararaftanr2

The antenna converts the BC-611 into a direction finder. Details of its operation are given in the BC-611F's field manual. Nice score!

firstdefense1

The antenna converts the BC-611 into a direction finder. Details of its operation are given in the BC-611F's field manual. Nice score!

Thanks for the info, I'm not very familiar with radio equipment. What exactly do you mean by direction Finder?

Thanks for the info, I'm not very familiar with radio equipment. What exactly do you mean by direction Finder?

A direction finder helps you locate another radio's location, usually used to look for bad guys with this sort of rig, but can also be used to locate friendlies if they are transmitting on another frequency that you can't figure out. That's it basically, from the old days when I was in (1980s) but the tech is a lot more sophisticated now.

firstdefense1

A direction finder helps you locate another radio's location, usually used to look for bad guys with this sort of rig, but can also be used to locate friendlies if they are transmitting on another frequency that you can't figure out. That's it basically, from the old days when I was in (1980s) but the tech is a lot more sophisticated now.

Thanks for the info, But take it easy on the Old says stuff (1980's) lol. I was in from 1985 thru 2005, don't like being reminded of my age.

OUTSTANDING FIND! now do you have another? And will you get the converters and test them? :) I have a functioning set and they are pretty wild.

VR
Peg6

firstdefense1

OUTSTANDING FIND! now do you have another? And will you get the converters and test them? :) I have a functioning set and they are pretty wild.

VR

Peg6

Don't plan on using them, going to keep one for display and the rest of the equipment is going to be sold. Not really a collector of radio equipment but I appreciate the history.