Robeson M3 dated 1943

RDUNE

Hello all,

I picked this up the other day and thought I would post it. I should start by saying edged weapons are not my area at all but I've tried to pick up a knife or bayonet here and there when the opportunity presents itself. The price was right on this one considering the condition and I didn't have an example of an M3 in my collection. I might even be able to put a name with it, I'm still waiting to hear from the seller on that. Definitely not a 'top shelf' example but from what I've been able to find this maker is not as common as others, correct? The leather bits on the handle are loose (and missing) and the tip of the blade is damaged.

Any input, opinions or education is appreciated :)

-Ryan

post-44370-0-69599800-1552778521.jpg

Marking on cross guard and pommel. I'll try to post better shots in the daylight. I didn't realize how bad these looked until I resized them.

post-44370-0-77269200-1552780213.jpg

post-44370-0-23494300-1552780223.jpg

Little bit wider shot of the blade.

That's all the photos for now. I'll try to get better shots tomorrow in the sun.

Thanks for any input :)

-Ryan

post-44370-0-49046300-1552780312.jpg

RDUNE- Like you said the knife is a little rough, but RCC blade-dated M3s are pretty rare, very seldom seen on ebay, or anywhere else. On the other hand, the scabbard looks to be in good shape. Thanks for showing! SKIP

Nice and blade dated. I'd just like to own an M6 sheath. For a while I believe Robeson operated in Rochester, NY which is my neck of the woods.

• 3 weeks later...