Venereal Disease Propaganda/Education Poster collector

VD_poster_collector

VD_poster_collector

Hello there U.S. Militaria Forum! I am a physician with an interest in the history of venereal diseases. I collect pretty much all items related to this. I am here because a certain portion of my collection related to this crosses over with WW1/2 and the threat VD posed to the military. I would love to meet other people with a similar interest (if there are any), especially those who may collect posters related to VD propaganda and education. I have very little experience with collectors forums such as this one so any pointers anyone may have I'd be happy to take. Thanks for having me on.

First off...what a niche you chose!

Second...we do have a wanted section, which can be accessed once you reach 30 posts (trust me, it doesn't take long)

A good place to post your paper stuff is our Photos & Ephemera section. With such a specific field, I'm sure the membership will learn just as much from you as you do from the forum

VD_poster_collector

Thanks Brig, Klinejg, and ajbUSWM for your suggestions. Brig, as a VD ephemera collector so far I am happy to say that I do not have a ton of competition for most of the items I'm interested in.

VD_poster_collector

Thanks for the link ajbUSWM. That pamphlet is certainly a classic. There are many VD pamphlets with nice color graphics. This one is from a small 3 pamphlet series published for the US Naval Armed Guard Center in Brooklyn.

post-216014-0-74546500-1552398467_thumb.jpg

Hello there U.S. Militaria Forum! I am a physician with an interest in the history of venereal diseases. I collect pretty much all items related to this. I am here because a certain portion of my collection related to this crosses over with WW1/2 and the threat VD posed to the military. I would love to meet other people with a similar interest (if there are any), especially those who may collect posters related to VD propaganda and education. I have very little experience with collectors forums such as this one so any pointers anyone may have I'd be happy to take. Thanks for having me on.

I am not exactly a fan of VD but I collect propaganda in general and did do an article on the subject as propaganda.

VENEREAL DISEASE

http://www.psywarrior.com/PSYOPVD.html

VD_poster_collector

HerbF,

That is a great article. We've exchanged emails in the past. I sent you an email back in April of 2017 asking if you could help me out with id'ing a poster with no real markings on it. Since then I have been in touch with the niece and nephew of the gentleman who brought them back from the pacific with him. They are working on the case for me to at least see where he may have been stationed when he acquired them. I think he picked up 6 of them that were sent to his station/base and had locals paint landscapes on the reverse. They were probably never displayed with their intended purpose of warning against pickups.

post-216014-0-23648700-1552928685_thumb.jpg