Union Cutlery aka KA-BAR Care Tag

usmce4

I bought this several weeks ago at a gun show along with a Camillus Care Tag. The price was silly cheap so considering the price and the condition I bought them assuming they were not genuine. However, on close inspection and comparison to several others, I find the Camillus is real. That makes me wonder about this, but I can only find two other people who have one of these and one has red lettering like a Camillus, and the other has the same black lettering as this but has other differences.

I'm putting this on here hoping somebody, ANYBODY, will have a picture of a KA-BAR Care Tag they'll be willing to post or PM - even if it's different than mine.

Even if it proves this one is not real I'm happy with it at the price I paid, but if it IS real I'd rather preserve it properly instead of displaying it on a knife.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Art

post-168413-0-47963200-1551035685.jpg

post-168413-0-47375900-1551035686.jpg

I only have one. I am not 100% sure it is genuine though.

Don: Yours is the one I was referring to when I said I found another with black ink like mine but with slight differences.

Bob: I've searched not only the forum, but the entire web for hours on end. Aside from Don's and the one with the red lettering the only other one I found is this, which is an obvious fake unless the reverse skipped the printing process and went thru a time warp to become brand new again.

post-168413-0-70086000-1551040911_thumb.jpg

post-168413-0-05243100-1551040938.jpg

Frank Trzaska

Art,

Your tag is a reproduction. As you noted there are differences in the one posted by mikedon and in the one I have.

All the best

Frank Trzaska