IT NEVER ENDS!

SKIPH

Hey Gang! It never ends! Just found this "RARE SERRATED CAMILLUS USM3", on ebay, item # 292972723131, "Buy Now $1499.00. As I recall these were sold not long before Camillus closed it's doors from the reproduction M3s they were making. I checked out the seller's other items, and it appears he just sells a mixture of goods, saw no other edged weapons. I am gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, that he just has no knowledge of M3s, and pulled the price from an original Camillus on ebay. If anyone could post this it would be greatly appreciated. New collectors keep studying! It is rare, but not at that price! SKIP

Maybe some of these sellers do this so they can tell their significant other that yes it's up for sale, sometimes these things take awhile. :rolleyes:

9th Infantry Manchu

It "looks" old and weathered. Makes me think of my KBar. One of the reruns done in the 80s. Got it new when I was 16, then carried it when I was in the service and I still have it. Looks like an antique....worth a million to me but to anyone else its a $50 used knife. Makes ME feel old and weathered lol. Thanks for continuing to share your knowledge. I learn a lot here. Jim

Just ran across a reproduction Camillus blade marked M3 in a WW2 B.M. Co. sheath. Since the knife is in such nice condition the seller is only asking 2.5K for it. 231872091937

sactroop- I see the seller has a no return policy. How convenient. Also noticed the photography was such that you could not see the single pin holding the pommel. SKIP

Yes SKIP. This is as close as I could get to it.

post-17422-0-50177900-1550953125.jpeg

Frankly I've only seen this transition of the leather taper to a step even with the pommel, on some of the Camillus reproductions.

The size of the lettering on the blade for Camillus is the best give away when compared to the WW2 knives. As well as the shape of the M for (M3), the US doesn't quite match the originals either.

post-17422-0-31161100-1550953450_thumb.jpeg

To be fair, I've just seen the completion of an auction for a reproduction guard marked Camillus correctly described and a bit more worn than the knife pictured above. Winning bid was less than $100.

Also have seen an auction for what I believe is a WW2 Camillus guard marked that may go for a good price because of bad photography. Guess it goes both ways.

Knowledge is power.