Help with Vietnam Group

USAF29thINFvet

USAF29thINFvet

Hi all,

Was able to get a photo of this shadow box that belonged to a relative of mine. Can anyone help me identify the DUIs and the small multi colored parachute?

Thanks

post-777-0-43309100-1549848922_thumb.jpg

The one on the left is the 26th Artillery, the one on the right, 94th Artillery.

The patch is the First Field Force Vietnam, a Corps sized organization, which had Artillery assigned to it directly. Both units had units in Vietnam, the 26th, several separate target acquisition batteries, the 94th a full firing battalion. The Fourth Army patch there we see, he might of been in the 3rd Battalion 26th Artillery (Target Acquisition) at Ft Sill OK before or after he was there, Fourth Army controlled the Artillery units at Sill, I think up to the mid or late 60s, if he was at Sill, then he might of been in the 94th Artillery in Vietnam, who had their 2nd Bn there, the 2nd Battalion 94th Artillery (175mmGun, Self Propelled), from 1966 to 1968 it was assigned to the First Field Force Artillery, after that date it's reassigned to the III Marine Amphibious Force Artillery, and later still to XXIV Corps Artillery.