M1-C on ebay w/ inland liner

Costa

Persian Gulf Command

Regarding the Inland Liner, I don't believe it is an Airborne Inland Liner. It is a nice early Inland, with the suspension straps folded back under the A-Washer and rivet. Most liners had the extra material cut at the edge of the A-Washer. I just do not see the thicker weave yoke material under the appropriate four washers cot off or otherwise. It is odd as the liner clearly has the female snaps to take the Airborne helmet male attachment. I'll stand corrected if others see what I do not.

Thought the photo style and back drop(siding) looked familiar...its your old pal sreamingchickens auction/listing

best to post the auction links to topics or add the sellers name so there is a record.Maybe a screen shot.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-Helmet-M1C-With-Inland-Airborne-Liner-101st-Airborne-Army-M1-Helmet/173780158286?hash=item28761ac74e:g:e9oAAOSw7MNcWg4Y&redirect=mobile

Yup helmet is coming from the forum goofball I would steer clear of anything this guy is selling. I agree liner looks 50 period with the shiny finish.

trying to tie it to the name Kelly and 101st....Im sure there are lots of Kellys out there.

The laundry mark comes up with 32 results

http://wwii-enlistment.com/search/?q=k1139&select=laundryNumber&quick-search=1

Also Robert L. Kelly enlisted in September 1945.

http://wwii-enlistment.com/record/34001139/

-Steven

I’ve been watching this one. Looks like a nice helmet.

I’ve been looking for a stainless steel rimmed M1C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His ID doesn't hold water FYI. The 101st Kelly was an officer and the ASN he shows is for a man by the same name that was enlisted. It is an enlisted ASN

His ID doesn't hold water FYI. The 101st Kelly was an officer and the ASN he shows is for a man by the same name that was enlisted. It is an enlisted ASN

+1.... my point exactly there is no O-prefix to designate officer just the K which typically is the last initial of an enlisted name.Although anything is possible in this case I think its a marriage of convenience to post it as a 101st helmet with no other connection than rank and the national registry listing.

+1.... my point exactly there is no O-prefix to designate officer just the K which typically is the last initial of an enlisted name.Although anything is possible in this case I think its a marriage of convenience to post it as a 101st helmet with no other connection than rank and the national registry listing.

He does mention it was found it Huntington NY, which was the hometown of the soldier. That with the combo of the captain bars and laundry number is a pretty convincing idea. I guess it’s just my wishful thinking. Nevertheless, a neat helmet. I wonder what the heat stamp is on this early M1C.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Personally I would stay far away anything from anything sold by Dominick Consolazio, he has been caught on 2 occasions faking helmets, and is also is or was gang member or wannabe gangster.

I noticed the New York listed on the registry listing.Honestly didnt bother reading his listing.

Possibly he found it but with his track record if I was a buyer It would be only as a helmet and value of the parts and not one thats identified....may be real but in this case I would not buy from him no matter what he is offering.

Personally I would stay far away anything from anything sold by Dominick Consolazio, he has been caught on 2 occasions faking helmets, and is also is or was gang member or wannabe gangster.

While I do not condone anything Dominick has done or his reputation. I will say he is anything but a gang member. I follow him on Instagram. Seems like a clean cut guy with a passion for the gym, cars, and militaria. I do not see anything in his page that would allow me to think he is a âwannabe gangsterâ though. Where did you get the gang affiliation idea?

abdd3297acaa97ac64e2fd5316db60ab.jpgc8642a5552bf06f8f3666085e319c765.jpg

While I do not condone anything Dominick has done or his reputation. I will say he is anything but a gang member. I follow him on Instagram. Seems like a clean cut guy with a passion for the gym, cars, and militaria. I do not see anything in his page that would allow me to think he is a âwannabe gangsterâ though. Where did you get the gang affiliation idea? abdd3297acaa97ac64e2fd5316db60ab.jpgc8642a5552bf06f8f3666085e319c765.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone from NYC who is of Italian Descent is clearly a mobster/gangster LOL

Burning Hazard

Liner is good and a scarce early production Inland Jump liner (only 75,000 made)

check pages 220-221 of "The M1 Helmet of the World War II GI" and there is the same early Inland jump liner with the folded nape area and A-yokes.

Pat

Persian Gulf Command

Pat,

Do you see any of the A-Yoke web under the rivets? I agree the Inland is early with the folded nape area but I still can't see any of the yoke material. Every one I have ever encountered that was cut has some of the thicker weave still under the suspension cloth.

John

Persian Gulf Command

Here are a couple of photos form a previous Forum Post of a liner w/ cut yokes. The thicker web is very prominent under the washers.

1 of 2

post-17994-0-44493300-1549834966.jpg

Regarding the Inland Liner, I don't believe it is an Airborne Inland Liner. It is a nice early Inland, with the suspension straps folded back under the A-Washer and rivet. Most liners had the extra material cut at the edge of the A-Washer. I just do not see the thicker weave yoke material under the appropriate four washers cot off or otherwise. It is odd as the liner clearly has the female snaps to take the Airborne helmet male attachment. I'll stand corrected if others see what I do not.

Good eye, it's totally possible that Dom being the scumbag that he is could have added the snaps to increase the value of what would be a nice standard Inland liner with post war repaint, now looking again I don't see any evidence that there were ever yokes installed under the the A washers, looking again it actually looks like he tried to ruff up the webbing in the front section to give it the appearance that was there.

The helmet is now suspect and I would not buy anything from this kid. He is not a good person.