SOW'S EAR=SILK PURSE, EGA EMBELLISHED M1903 SPRINGFIELD

6th.MG.BN

That's a beautiful part of the state. I have a sister and a brother in law in the Saratoga, Glens falls area.

Yes it is. If only we could get rid of the lower part of the state!

Pendas was a sniper during the Korean War. Marine Corps artist Col. Charles Waterhouse did a pencil sketch of then Cpl. Pendas & later turned it into this painting, which has been used in several publications over the years:

pendas.jpg

afar.jpg

Pendas was a sniper during the Korean War. Marine Corps artist Col. Charles Waterhouse did a pencil sketch of then Cpl. Pendas & later turned it into this painting, which has been used in several publications over the years:

attachicon.gifpendas.jpg

attachicon.gifafar.jpg

Bob,

Thanks for posting those two publications of peepsight.

I was hope that the American Rifleman edition you showed was the one with this rifle but it wasn't.

A further interesting thing on the original artwork By Col. Waterhouse is the first drawing had peepsight wearing a Kabar. After tell Col. Waterhouse that he didn't wear a Kabar but instead carried a Beretta pistol, Waterhouse redrew the now famous picture. The only problem was he drew a M92 Beretta, that didn't exist during the Korean War. Peepsight carried a M-1934 Beretta that he picked up in Italy on leave but that is a story for another day!

Here is a copy of the first drawing of the "Korean Sniper" by Col Waterhouse, showing the Kabar being worn.

Ken

post-20163-0-80399100-1549904950.jpg

Here is a copy of the first drawing of the "Korean Sniper" by Col Waterhouse, showing the Kabar being worn.

Ken

I had wondered about the original sketch. Peepsight was quite a character.