Need Help Identifying WW I Era Nurse Uniform

world war I nerd

world war I nerd

This WW I era image of a young woman wearing a generic nurse's uniform of some sort arrived today in a group of misc. WW I era U.S. Navy & U.S. Army photographs that date from 1915 through to 1919.

Can anyone recognize the nurses uniform as Red Cross, civilian,etc?

Any help with her uniform would be much appreciated.

I have no idea if there is any connection between the seven photographs or if they are just a random assortment that were bundled together for sale. For what it's worth, the images are comprised of:

1. Sailor in whites at Portsmouth, Virginia, dated October 1915.

2. Group of sailors, one of which is the sailor in the above photo, wearing a combination of working blues, dungarees, and undershirts, circa 1915 or 1916.

3. A studio shot, circa 1919, of different sailor and a U.S. Army soldier with a 42nd Division shoulder patch on his service coat.

4. An Army recruit with rifle and cartridge belt circa 1917,

5. A Studio shot of a WW I Doughboy wearing three overseas chevrons, a Croix de Guerre medal with silver star, and what looks to be a DSC ribbon bar - no collar discs & no shoulder patch.

6.The attached studio shot of the young lady in the nurses outfit.

Also can anybody see any sort of connection, such as family, between these photographs?

Thanks for looking and thanks for your help ... World War I Nerd

Here's the image of the nurse ... What is she wearing and is it affiliated with any WW I era civil, charitable or military organization?

post-5143-0-20361500-1549752384_thumb.jpg

world war I nerd

Group of sailors, also believed to be circa 1915. I'm pretty sure that the lower right hand sailor is the same guy in the above photo. What do you'all think?

post-5143-0-98280100-1549752645_thumb.jpg

world war I nerd

Unidentified Doughboy wearing a Croix de Guerre Medal and an as yet unidentified ribbon (I haven't checked his ribbon against my reference yet).

post-5143-0-64109400-1549752929_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
world war I nerd

I thought I'd run this post up the flagpole again just to see if anyone out there has any information on the outfit/uniform worn by the nurse in the above photo.

Thanks again for looking ...