CBI B-17 side gunner Radio Operator group AWESOME!

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

After an ebay purchase for another patch of my ever expanding Desert Shield/Storm collection, I asked the question, Anything else?

Reply was, I have some items from my father. We closed the deal and it arrived today. WOW! Here's some info I got from the daughter:

David Coleman (no middle name). Served 16 or 17 months of his 2-year stint overseas in Northern China. Signed up in New York (he lived in the Bronx). Was the radio man and side gunner on a B-17. His plane made a few supply runs “over the hump” before the proper supply chains got up and running, so that might help place when he was there. I want to say he was in from 1943-1945, but I’m not sure of that. I think I remember him saying he signed up as soon as he turned 18, and he was born Dec. 11, 1925.

The daughter couldn't find any info on his unit, so any further information members can provide is always helpful. I'm hoping for some more documents as they are cleaning/downsizing, but am thankful for what I have received. Bullion and silk patches. DUI's are single long pins and are sterling.

post-9131-0-52752400-1549589122_thumb.jpg